need some 64 bit metering suite

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bluecataudio
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: need some 64 bit metering suite

Post by bluecataudio »

Hi,

Aren't you mixing several versions of the plug-in/skins? (Blue Cat DPeakMeter Pro AU is version 3. Version 4 is named BC DP Meter Pro 4). In any case, if you hit "cancel" when asked to load a new skin, the default one should be loaded.

If you are still having issues, feel free to contact us at support [at] bluecataudio [dot] com so that we can investigate further and help you solve this problem.
Prime Mover
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Prime Mover »

Radiogal wrote:This one is for free :)
Melda Production again!! Awesome!!

http://www.meldaproduction.com/plugins/ ... ssAnalyzer
Doh! I've been using that one at the TV studio for almost a year now! Awesome thing! Technically it's EBU standard, not LKFS Calm compliant (my engineer gave me crap about it a month back), but it's really damn close, and I've not had any complaints.

That said, I'm not sure how I would use it for studio audio though. LKFS/EBU is designed around hardware averages for TVs/Radios and aren't exactly right for record audio. It severely cuts the bass (in fact, entirely removing the sub channel in 5.1), because so many TVs and radios have really light bass. Can't say the same for typical music playback devices, even cheapo earbuds have more bass than your average flatscreen TV. It also is designed to try to keep audio at a certain level that's WAY below studio audio... you'd get laughed at coming in with -12dB peak level you often get with LKFS. Though, you can just ignore it if you want.

Still, awesome thing by Melda, total Kudos for them for getting it out there!
— Eric Barker
Eel House

"All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio"
MacPro 1,1 2Ghz 7GB RAM OS 10.6.8 | MacBook Pro 13" i5 1.8Ghz 16GB RAM OS 10.8.2
DP7/8 | Komplete 7 | B4II | Korg Legacy Analog | Waves v9 (various) | Valhalla Room | EWQLSO Gold
MOTU 828mkII | MOTU 8pre | Presonus BlueTube | FMR RNC
Themes: Round is Right and Alloy
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Shooshie »

bluecataudio wrote:Hi,

Aren't you mixing several versions of the plug-in/skins? (Blue Cat DPeakMeter Pro AU is version 3. Version 4 is named BC DP Meter Pro 4). In any case, if you hit "cancel" when asked to load a new skin, the default one should be loaded.

If you are still having issues, feel free to contact us at support [at] bluecataudio [dot] com so that we can investigate further and help you solve this problem.
Actually, I wasn't using any skins. It would not recognize the default as a skin. I tried many times, but finally realized it just wasn't going to happen.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
bluecataudio
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by bluecataudio »

Shooshie wrote: Actually, I wasn't using any skins. It would not recognize the default as a skin. I tried many times, but finally realized it just wasn't going to happen.

Shoosh
Do you mind contacting us by email so that we can discuss the details and find a solution to your issue?