Anyone using FabFilter Pro C?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
strikingtwice
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Anyone using FabFilter Pro C?

Post by strikingtwice »

Really love their plugins and sort of in the market for a new thing. Few years old, sound quality still holding up to some of other companies newer offerings? Thanks!
David DeLizza
4-core nehalem macpro, 6 gb ram, dp5,6,7, motu 896hd, axiom61, reason 4, bunch o' plugs.
Dan Worley

Re: Anyone using FabFilter Pro C?

Post by Dan Worley »

Pro C has no sonic character, which makes it perfect for so many things. The interface is brilliantly designed, though for some it may be overdone. I really like it and feel comfortable with it. I use Pro C a lot in combo with other more colorful compressors which aren't as good at, well, compression. It's my go-to on dialog, narration and V.O. tracks, but it can be musical, too.
DP10.13
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

I don't have Pro-C, but, like you, I have some other plugs (Twin 2, Timeless 2, Pro-Ds) from them, and they are all worth the $. 64 bits too.

My favorite compressor plug is the Rocket (Stillwell). I hope they would get to 64 bits soon, I have pretty much moved into 64 full time now.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

Pro C is great. I'm not the best person with compressors. I still hack at them to get something I need from them, but Pro C is pretty sweet. You can compress the crap out of something without pumping, which is of course a good thing, if used for good! :lol:

I really really appreciate the waveform display in it, because I feel like I hit ear fatigue pretty quickly sometimes and can use it to back off visually or tell that I'm not changing the sound much.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.