T-RackS 4 is out, w/ 5 new plug-ins and CSR integration

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: T-RackS 4 is out, w/ 5 new plug-ins and CSR integration

Post by labman »

Is this stuff 64bits?
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
Radiogal
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Radiogal »

Yes! 64 bit all the way now with this update.

BTW they have a free plugin and meter.. I´ve been using the meter a lot during the years.. Go ´N Get! :)

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trcs/

Check the T-RackS Custom Shop free software Meter and EQ.
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Am I reading this correctly? Even upgrading to the full 16 plugin set doesn't get you an upgraded version of the CSR? Wasn't that in the original T-Racks?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Radiogal

Post by Radiogal »

bayswater wrote:Am I reading this correctly? Even upgrading to the full 16 plugin set doesn't get you an upgraded version of the CSR? Wasn't that in the original T-Racks?
The CSR Reverbs are now all 64 bit. So yes, it´s an update..
I got them installed now. Installed the CS Grand and the CSR Reverbs.
All 64 bit now.
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
labman

Post by labman »

T-racks installer puts the new CSR plugs in your plugs folder - if you already own them.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

OK thanks. I bought it as a single. I didn't see any point in the T-Racks shell at the time. Does it do anything you can't duplicate with DP routing?
Eli Krantzberg

Post by Eli Krantzberg »

I love the T-Racks plug-ins. I have a default chain I use on my main outputs that I use as a starting point whenever I am doing a final mix.

And if any one is interested, I ran all my V/Os on both DP tutorial video series through both the White 2A and the Brick wall Limiter.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I'm getting pretty interested in these processors too, after year of wondering about them, and having 4-5 sitting unused in the plugin folder. The Groove 3 video helps. So far they've compared reasonably well to their UAD counterparts, which was a surprise for me.

With this newest upgrade I've been a bit slow figuring out what's on offer, until I installed the Tracks CS app, and then all became clear.

Are there any opinions on the new British channel strip?
zed

Post by zed »

bayswater wrote:Are there any opinions on the new British channel strip?
Honestly, I think it's the ugliest plugin I've ever seen. Even if it sounds good I wouldn't want to have to look at that module on my screen.

Too bad too, since I usually go for the British thing.
MacPro 2.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon | 14 GB RAM | OS 10.11.6 | DP 8
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

zed wrote:Honestly, I think it's the ugliest plugin I've ever seen. Even if it sounds good I wouldn't want to have to look at that module on my screen.
That's funny. I guess you've seen this?

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5161520

Maybe it can be Ampliduded.

This from the guys at IKM
"Looks like our channel strip's GUI has been universally panned (pun intended.)
We will probably update the graphics in a future update. Truth be told, these graphics were sort of a last minute stand-in. Seems a certain company frowned upon usage of our original graphics...

We're trying to convince Peter to post the originally intended graphics on our Facebook. We'll see how that goes! "
zed

Post by zed »

bayswater wrote:
zed wrote:Honestly, I think it's the ugliest plugin I've ever seen. Even if it sounds good I wouldn't want to have to look at that module on my screen.
That's funny. I guess you've seen this?

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5161520
Actually no... I hadn't seen that. I've been pretty out of touch recently. Only the REDD desk release got me back to following some threads here and there.

I am so glad to learn that I am not the only one offended by the British Channel plugin GUI. I'm also glad to know that a facelift is likely right around the corner.

The funny thing is, when I read about this "British Channel" on the IK website, it sounded like they were suggesting that this British Channel might just be a channel from a famous Abbey Road desk, and I was so excited to think that maybe I don't need to do the Waves thing at all. But when I scrolled down and saw that god awful multi-coloured plugin I immediately lost interest and closed the page as quickly as possible.

But apparently it sounds good. Have you tried it?
Last edited by zed on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

No Zed, I haven't tried it yet. I don't have anything underway where it would make a difference. From the face plate and discussion, I assumed it's an emulation of the SSL 4000.
zed

Post by zed »

bayswater wrote:No Zed, I haven't tried it yet. I don't have anything underway where it would make a difference. From the face plate and discussion, I assumed it's an emulation of the SSL 4000.
Yeah... I finally looked at the GUI more carefully and realized that the controls do not match the controls of either Abbey Road console strip I was hoping for. But I will still be interested once the GUI has changed.

That thread is hilarious. I am still working my way through it. Thanks for the link!
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

The T-Racks stuff is very nice, have and particularly like very much the Fairchild, Pultec, and Opto modules.

I've been using a lot of Waves plugs after buying a bunch a year ago, but when I listen to tracks using T-Racks chains I recorded prior to that, they stack up very well indeed.

May well have to check out the upgrade option to get the whole kaboodle.
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
dewdman42

Post by dewdman42 »

hmm, I have the original CSR and a couple singles. Are you saying that now I ahve to upgrade to this big Grande thing in order to get further updates for CSR? Booo.. I love their products but I really hate the way IK sells their products and shifts around. On the flip side I have found their folks to be responsive and they give away credits easily if you are unhappy. But why do they make me unhappy to begin with. eeeks, sorry for the rant, they've been driving me crazy for years.
5,1 MacPro 3.46ghz x 12 cores,96gb, Monterey (OpenCore), Lynx AES16e-50+X32