is ANYONE actually using CUEMIX?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rodger1811
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: is ANYONE actually using CUEMIX?

Post by rodger1811 »

I use it everyday.... It's a must in my studio. :dance:
Mid 2012 Mac Pro 12 Core 2.4GHz, 24G RAM, OSX 10.8.2, DP 8.01
4x2 TB Hard Drives
APOGEE Symphony
MOTU 2408 mk3
MOTU HD192/Black Lion Modified
MOTU 24I/Ox2
MOTU MIDI Timepiece
Universal Audio UAD-2 Quad x 2
Universal Audio (Entire Plugin Library)
Waves Mercury+ Studio Classics
Tons of other goodies; to many to mention here
bmills3

Post by bmills3 »

I found CueMix to be especially helpful on a recent trip with our band. We were traveling in Beijing, China and I had to be prepared to run my entire rig off battery power (we couldn't be guaranteed that we would have AC that would match the right voltage). Tracks playing from DP and a 6 piece live band, all connected live to an UltraLite Mk3. I was able to setup mixes in advance (both for FOH and in-ear monitors), run effects, and do everything with a Laptop and the UltraLite. CueMix basically gave me the option of a multi-bus digital mixer that would fit in my backpack and run on Bus power. Worked like a champ!
Prime Mover

Post by Prime Mover »

YES

The only thing (and this is a personal laziness) is that I often forget to switch back my track names, so I end up with confusing labels for everything. But that's my own damned fault!

But yeah, every time I track I use it, it's absolutely vital.
— Eric Barker
Eel House

"All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio"
MacPro 1,1 2Ghz 7GB RAM OS 10.6.8 | MacBook Pro 13" i5 1.8Ghz 16GB RAM OS 10.8.2
DP7/8 | Komplete 7 | B4II | Korg Legacy Analog | Waves v9 (various) | Valhalla Room | EWQLSO Gold
MOTU 828mkII | MOTU 8pre | Presonus BlueTube | FMR RNC
Themes: Round is Right and Alloy
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

Yes I have seen that one I need to review it a couple more times and spend some more time playing around with CueMix.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

On the road it can be handy to do a mix of live ins and outs. In the studio, I only use it to set up my Track 16. Focusrite provided a similar mixer with the Saffire Pro 24 DSP and M-Audio provides a basic but similar app. As they are provided free with the interface, I just assumed the use was for basic studio setup and limited live mixing on location if needed. I do love the analysis software but don't really have a complete grasp on that aspect yet.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
rolandvg99

Post by rolandvg99 »

I use Cuemix FX live for mixing IEM. Each musician access their mix with an iPad, iPod or IPhone. I've made a custom TouchOSC template which ditches everything but volume and pan. Works very well and everybody's happy. :D
Owns a 828MKIII, 8M AVB and DP7.24 + loads of non-significant stuff.