Adobe Production suit 6 big improvement.

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
twistedtom
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Adobe Production suit 6 big improvement.

Post by twistedtom »

I have the Adobe Production suit 3 and I am thinking of upgrading to suit 6. I see a number of improvements and I can get a deal on it. I was a FCP fan but I am not liking FCPx and find my self going to Premier more often these days. What do you think of A P S 6? Is it worth doing I am also thinking I may move up to Snow Lion at the same time? Hell I am thinking of redoing my whole boot drive to clean it up and do a reinstall of every thing, this will take days to do but may be worth it. So what do you guys think?
Last edited by twistedtom on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
FutureLegends

Re: Adobe Production suit 6?

Post by FutureLegends »

I love FCP X! :D
Hackintosh 6-Core 3.7ghz/32gb ram, macOS Mojave
Hardware: Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, Apollo Twin mkII, MOTU 828mk3 & Original 828 | UA LA-610 | Vanguard V13 Tube Mic | MindPrint En-Voice | Genelec M040AM | Gretsch Guitars & Drums
Software: DP8 | FCPX | Logic Pro X | Play
| EWQL Gypsy, Choirs, Orchestra Gold, VoP | EZDrummer w/ Twizted Kit | Action Strings
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

twistedtom wrote:I have the Adobe Production suit 3 and I am thinking of upgrading to suit 6. I see a number of improvements and I can get a deal on it. I was a FCP fan but I am not liking FCPx and find my self going to Premier more often these days. What do you think of A P S 6? Is it worth doing I am also thinking I may move up to Snow Lion at the same time? Hell I am thinking of redoing my whole boot drive to clean it up and do a reinstall of every thing, this will take days to do but may be worth it. So what do you guys think?
Tom, on the matter of redoing the boot drive: I've erased and reinstalled startup drives a few times, and just run a load of updates a few times. I was never able to see any difference in how well apps or plugins worked, but reinstalling was a royal pita because of all the authorizations you have to do.

You hear about the advantage of cleaning up a load of "debris" on the drive by doing the erase and reinstall, but I can't find anything that tells you exactly what that debris is, why it matters, or why routing maintenance utilities can't do the same thing.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

I loved FCP but not FCpx but we all have our needs and tastes.
I see Premier in 6 has XML export.
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
billf

Post by billf »

Tom, that is what I recently did (migrate away from FCP 7 to Premiere and completely avoid FCPx from now on). The one issue I've found so far to deal with is 32 bit plugins that don't work in the 64 bit environment, but that is an inevitable transition issue anyway, so it is as good a time as any to make the cutover from my perspective.
twistedtom

Re: Adobe Production suit 6 big improvement.

Post by twistedtom »

I have been working with CS6 Production quite bit since I got it and it is a big improvement over CS3. This is not just a small update but a big change, the mercury engine speeds thing up a lot. The interfaces are cleaner and more organized. Mmm mmm I'm loving it.