DP8 : No more Reverse plug-in?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP8 : No more Reverse plug-in?

Post by James Steele »

dix wrote:…PM me if you need the old version of Reverse, or m'be James can put it on a server.
Email me the older one at jamesATjamessteele(D0T)com and I'll put it online. I imagine if you rename the one that works in DP7 and leave the one that works in DP8 also in the Plug Ins folder, you should be covered both ways.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
dix

Post by dix »

James Steele wrote:
dix wrote:…PM me if you need the old version of Reverse, or m'be James can put it on a server.
Email me the older one at jamesATjamessteele(D0T)com and I'll put it online. I imagine if you rename the one that works in DP7 and leave the one that works in DP8 also in the Plug Ins folder, you should be covered both ways.
Will do. Thanks!

Renaming might work, but I find just keeping alt sets of assets for 8 and 7 in separate folders on the Desktop a little simpler.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
dix

Post by dix »

I just noticed, no, the plugin's name has to be "Reverse.bundle" apparently. However, putting one of the Reverse plugins in a sub-folder (I have one called DP8 Plugins) does allow you to have both version available in either version of DP.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
rmills007
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by rmills007 »

Got my Export settings and my Reverb plug-in back in v7.24, with DP8 still installed. Thanks for the info everyone! :dance:
OSX 11.6.1, DP 11.02, Metric Halo ULN-2, Plug-Ins and stuff.
ahimmel

Re: DP8 : No more Reverse plug-in? Shortcut?

Post by ahimmel »

Am I the only one that wishes there was a shortcut for this plugin? I have looked at the shortcut list to see if I could create one but couldn't find it. When I work on a project that I use a lot of reverse sounds I hate going through the menus. Has anyone found a way around this?
Alex
Mexico City
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Quickeys?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Dan Worley

Re: DP8 : No more Reverse plug-in? Shortcut?

Post by Dan Worley »

ahimmel wrote:Am I the only one that wishes there was a shortcut for this plugin? I have looked at the shortcut list to see if I could create one but couldn't find it. When I work on a project that I use a lot of reverse sounds I hate going through the menus. Has anyone found a way around this?
Go to Commands and set "Apply Plug-in" to Option P (or whatever).

Go to the Effects Manager and create a new Folder and Category called Reverse. Put the Reverse plug-in in the category and the category in the folder. Move the folder up near the top so it's easy to find and leave the folder open so the Reverse category is always showing.

Now when you select a soundbite and hit Option P, the Reverse plug-in is right there ready for you. The Effects Manager remembers which plug-in you used last and keeps the category highlighted so you can select the plug-in again easily.

Alternatively, you can right-click on the soundbite and choose Apply Plug-in instead of using the key command. Just another way of getting there.
DP10.13
ahimmel

Post by ahimmel »

Can't find the apply plug-in command, is this a DP8 new feature?
Alex
Mexico City
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

ahimmel wrote:Can't find the apply plug-in command, is this a DP8 new feature?
Yes.
DP10.13
ahimmel

Post by ahimmel »

Thanks for the help! looking forward to switching to DP8
Alex
Mexico City
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

ahimmel wrote:Thanks for the help! looking forward to switching to DP8
Alex,

In case you don't know. In DP7, you can right-click on a soundbite and select Audio Plug-in from the pop-up menu and select Reverse from there. That might be a few less moves than what you're doing now.
DP10.13
Steve Steele

Post by Steve Steele »

rmills007 wrote:Got my Export settings and my Reverb plug-in back in v7.24, with DP8 still installed. Thanks for the info everyone! :dance:
How did you get Reverse to work in DP7, and DP8? I have both installed. I've tried several things but have not got DP7 to see Reverse in the Audio Plug-ins menu. I put a sub folder with the DP7 reverse and it still doesn't see it.

If you could briefly tell me what you did to get Reverse back in DP7, I'd appreciate it.

Mac Studio M1 Ultra, 128GBs Unified memory, 4TB SSD.
Interfaces: MOTU M2 and 8A (2.1 and 5.1 setups).
DAWs: Digital Performer 11, Logic Pro, Cubase 12 Pro, Studio One Pro.
Sample Libraries: Primary - VSL (all), Spitfire, (mostly all), and many others.
External Controllers: Metagrid Pro and Studio Logic SL|MIXFACE
dix

Post by dix »

nightwatch wrote:
rmills007 wrote:Got my Export settings and my Reverse plug-in back in v7.24, with DP8 still installed. Thanks for the info everyone! :dance:
How did you get Reverse to work in DP7, and DP8? I have both installed. I've tried several things but have not got DP7 to see Reverse in the Audio Plug-ins menu. I put a sub folder with the DP7 reverse and it still doesn't see it.

If you could briefly tell me what you did to get Reverse back in DP7, I'd appreciate it.
Assuming you kept the Reverse plugin from 7, try putting the one from 8 in a subfolder and keeping the version that came with DP7 on the top level. That's how I have it. I haven't tried it the other way around like you did.
rmills007

Post by rmills007 »

dix wrote:
nightwatch wrote:
rmills007 wrote:Got my Export settings and my Reverse plug-in back in v7.24, with DP8 still installed. Thanks for the info everyone! :dance:

Assuming you kept the Reverse plugin from 7, try putting the one from 8 in a subfolder and keeping the version that came with DP7 on the top level. That's how I have it. I haven't tried it the other way around like you did.
Yes, that's what I did. I created a new folder in my Library/Audio/Plug-ins folder called "DP8_Reverse". I put Revers.bundle from the DP8 install in there. I then took Reverse.bundle from v7.24 from a Time Machine archive and put that in the MAS folder. For whatever reason, v7.24 sees that one.

Did similar with the Export files. I made a folder called "MOTU Audio Export V8" in Plug-Ins directory. Then replaced the MOTU Audio Export folder with an old archive from Time Machine. This brought my Export settings back to v7.24.
OSX 11.6.1, DP 11.02, Metric Halo ULN-2, Plug-Ins and stuff.
daveswallace

Post by daveswallace »

Would someone mind emailing me the bundle? I'm in a rush after a hard drive died and the Reverse.bundle is nowhere to be found. Thanks!
Mac OS 10.9
2.93 GHz Intel Core i7 w/16 GB RAM
DP7.24