Marker filter?

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
kdiamond
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Marker filter?

Post by kdiamond »

Hi.

We have Pro Tools and Sequoia for our post production works. DP caught my attention with it's streamer option which is nice. Now I'm evaluating if it's ok for us.

The way we do things is to import script as markers and then filter out markers we need for specific voice talent.

Can DP hide markers, not matching the filter word?

Thank you
Br,
Dali
PJ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Marker filter?

Post by PJ »

I think there is no that kind of marker filters. But you can add different color streamers. Of course that's only visual thing and doesn't help to locate markers like filters do.

PTHDN(TB)/OMNI / DP8 ** Post Production **
kdiamond

Post by kdiamond »

But we can have over 30 characters. So many colors would make it very confusing.

Br,
Dali
Dan Worley
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Dan Worley »

A number of us have requested MOTU for this feature but it hasn't been included yet. It would be so great. There is so much they could do with Markers. Maybe now that DP is 100% Cocoa it will happen.
DP10.13
kdiamond

Post by kdiamond »

Well,its a simple filter that filters out markers in marker window and timeline.

Since on the subject...

How can markers be imported and exported? One of numerous subtitle format would be great.
How DP behaves when there is 15000 markers in one 20h project loaded with 20 episodes?
Can markers be 500 character long?

Thank you