AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: AmpGUI7 (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Post by bayswater »

The download link worked for me.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Don't work for me, paradoxically _
Otherwise, the file name to replace in the Theme is: kDigitalPerformer_LogoWindow.png
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

I will be posting DP 8 compatible versions of my mods later tonight. These are essentially the exact same mods with small tweaks to get DP 8 to recognize them. They won't work well at all with the new Consolidated Window setup... that's where most of the work I have to do is going to be. These tweaked mods will have the same key codes as their 7.2 counterparts.
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

amplidood wrote:I will be posting DP 8 compatible versions of my mods later tonight. These are essentially the exact same mods with small tweaks to get DP 8 to recognize them. They won't work well at all with the new Consolidated Window setup... that's where most of the work I have to do is going to be. These tweaked mods will have the same key codes as their 7.2 counterparts.
This is incredible news, Andy. Awesome!
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Partially DP8 compatible versions are now available. They use the same unlock codes as 7.2.

http://ampguimods.net/dp_72_themes.html
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

Hi Andy,
I looked at my emails and the donation & purchase I made for Gold preceded the date on your page (5/1/10)by 3 weeks,I guess right before AmpGuiMods was started.
Does that mean the version I have will not work in DP8?
If I need to repurchase again,do you have a rough idea of eta of the when the complete new themes for DP8 might be finished?
Thanks,
KG
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
amplidood

Re: AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Post by amplidood »

I really don't know when they'll be finished. I just got these modified versions up last night, which involved a bit of code matching across all the versions. Yes, everyone except AMPGUI Elites will need to repurchase fully compatible 8 versions.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Andy... on behalf of the entire DP user community... a huge THANK YOU!! Your themes are a tremendous value-added to DP. I can't wait for the fully-compatible versions. Thanks so much for extending the lifespan of your themes!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

P.S. Andy... I'll be happy to help out with a banner ad announcing DP8 compatibility that will link to your site. It will go just to the left of the Sweetwater ad. Needs to be 252 x 90 pixels. Email it to me whenever it's ready and I'll run it for a while. I can't do it indefinitely, but for at least the first month that the DP8 compatible themes are ready.

Also, I'm hoping that it won't be difficult to port your themes to the Windows version of DP. That might help make you some more bucks to compensate you for your invaluable contributions to easing your collective eyeballs! :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

Yes, great themes, Andy! Invaluable inspiration. I played in Oxidized, Snow, and Night for awhile in 7.11 and loved them. Intended to upgrade to the 7.2 versions but then got distracted and comfortable in Carbon Fiber and it dropped off my radar.

Upon a return visit to your website I'm fuzzy on a couple things.... The 'Elite' $100 option- does that give one a veritable 'lifetime' pass to all themes and subsequent versions?

And if one purchased say, four themes @ 45 at this time for 7.24, would there be a free upgrade to 8.0? Just curious, the ol' pocketbook is pretty stressed but I just realized how much I missed your handiwork!

Thanks, keep up the great work!

Tobor
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
jbyerly1

Post by jbyerly1 »

I'm decided now after looking. Before I jump in could some one describe how it is download into DP 8.0.
Mac Pro 4,1, OS 10.9.5, 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB 1066 MHz, DP 8.07, Apogee Ensemble, UA SOLO 610, Euphonix MC Control & MC mix, JBL Monitors, Ocean Way Drums Gold, Komplete 7, Waves Classic Studio Bundle,Stylus RMX, iZotope RX,1TB glyph Drive, Carvin 6 string Bass
http://www.HorizonEntertainment-NC.com
Radiogal

Post by Radiogal »

jbyerly1 wrote:I'm decided now after looking. Before I jump in could some one describe how it is download into DP 8.0.
It´s all written in the file package you get from Andy. It´s all very easy.
Just about only one mouse click away. :)
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
Radiogal

Post by Radiogal »

Just realized.. Andy´s AMPGUI Themes are celebrating 3 years!!

WOW!!! Amazing things have happen with the themes since then.

Let´s have a Birthday Party for AMPGUI !! :) :dance:
:woohoo:
:band:
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Minor Alert!

I downloaded Andy's DP8 "partial" revisions of his existing themes. I ran the installers, using the password I thought was correct. It wasn't, but more on that in a minute.

What happens if you use the incorrect password is that the installer will APPEAR to give you a folder of what appears to be a valid theme plugin icon. The give-away is that it's not Andy's icon for that theme. If you try to open the themes page in DP, this unauthorized theme will crash DP instantly. I tested it multiple times in multiple ways, and it did this 100% of the time.

When I realized that I may have used the wrong password, I looked it up in my old email archives and found the right one. At least, I found the right one for Gothic. I ran the installer again, this time using the right one, and everything in the folder came out right, including an icon on the folder itself.

More on that HERE!

Booted DP with the newly installed theme (after removing all the other AMPGui themes which I installed with the wrong password), and it opened in DP, like a charm!

One more thing…

These are stop-gap updates meant to help us out. They do not represent the complete and perfect work of AMPGui. So, if you're getting these for the first time, and using them in DP8, do not judge these as the final work. There will be many changes when Andy is through with the actual themes he is designing specifically for DP8. These that he just modified for us will still look great, but there are certain things that simply won't look perfect until he has finished them.

Just wanted to throw that out there for people who may not realize that we're "in transition" to DP8. Even so, Andy's themes still look great!

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

Radiogal wrote:Just realized.. Andy´s AMPGUI Themes are celebrating 3 years!!

WOW!!! Amazing things have happen with the themes since then.

Let´s have a Birthday Party for AMPGUI !! :) :dance:
:woohoo:
:band:
Does anyone here know the song? lol

sing along now...

"happy birthday dear ampgui, happy birthday to you !"
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.