American Federation Of Musicians Sampling Agreement

For discussion of the music business in general

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
For discussion of the music business in general from studio administration, contracts, artist promotion, gigging, etc.
alanweb
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

American Federation Of Musicians Sampling Agreement

Post by alanweb »

I was just reading about this new AFM Sampling Agreement that Cinesamples had acquired for Cinebrass (good for them!) but I can't actually find any information about it.
Anybody know where to find it or, just out of curiosity, what the guys & gals get?
bralston
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: American Federation Of Musicians Sampling Agreement

Post by bralston »

It was a "trial" agreement that the AFM did with Cinesamples and the AFM lead council has now said they have "no interest" in doing this again ever. So...it really does not matter any more as the AFM (of which I am a member actually and yet think this is a short sighted decision on their part)...will not continue this or do this again. We spoke with Cinesamples developers Mike Patti and Mike Barry about this and that conversation will be included in our October scorecast podcast show.

Same old, same old. The industry is changing around them (AFM) and they will continue to refuse to change with it and thus continue to see work leave them.
Regards,

Brian Ralston

- MacPro 7,1 3.2 GHz 16-core Intel Xeon W, 384GB 2933MHz DDR4 RAM, OS 10.15.7, 2TB SSD OS drive, 6TB Samsung Pro EVOPlus SSDs via Sonnet 4x4 M.2 PCIe card, Graphics card: AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB, UAD-2 Quad, DP 10.13, DP 11.0,
- 15" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz 8‑core 9th‑generation Intel Core i9 processor, Turbo Boost to 4.8GHz, 32GB 2400MHz DDR4 mem, Radeon Pro Vega 20 w/4GB HBM2 mem, 2TB SSD storage, OS 10.15.7, 2TB SSD, DP 10.13
altonherry
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: American Federation Of Musicians Sampling Agreement

Post by altonherry »

Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up.n :rtfmmad: :smash: :koolaid: