Analysing MSI problem - VSTi?

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

bswylie
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Analysing MSI problem - VSTi?

Post by bswylie »

This is a continuation of a previous thread re: tuning problems in MSI running as a VSTi.

I'm trying to analyse this problem a little more - could a few people who DO have MSI working correctly as a VSTi (with no instrument pitching problems @ 440Hz) please post a reply - especially if you have got it working on an AMD system and Cubase as your sequencer.

So far NOBODY has responded - does this mean that everybody is using DP or similar, or that everyone else using VSTi is having no problems?

My system is as follows:

VST host/sequencer: Cubase SX 3.1
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200+
RAM: 1GB DDR
HD: 2 x 160GB SATA (Seagate)
MOTU 828mkII (@96kHz)

Once again, if anyone has any more suggestions as to a possible cure, or if this is a nicely rooted software bug, please let us know! I still haven't heard from MOTU support - even a one liner would be nice!
bswylie

MSI example

Post by bswylie »

I have uploaded a file to demonstrate how bad the pitching is with the presets using MSI as a VSTi. The first string synth is done by the Steinberg Embracer VSTi. Then this is dubbed over MSI playing the same part.

It is of course possible to manually fix this by adjusting every single preset instrument loaded into MSI, but it's a pain.

http://media.putfile.com/messup26
bswylie

Response

Post by bswylie »

Well nobody's resonded.... oh well!

I did get a helpful email from Josh @ MOTU tech support, and they know about the issue, and there should be an update that includes a fix for this.

Interestingly, if the sampling rate on my 828mkII is dropped to 44.1kHz, the problem vanishes... but who's gonna record @ 44.1?

Chow
Brian