DP7 - Graphical Editor - Zoom Shortcuts

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Stuartfox
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Stuartfox »

Hi there,

When I'm in any editor (sequence / tracks or graphical editor) I can use the left hand thumb buttons on my Logitech MX revolution mouse (the ones with the arrows in this picture).

http://static.trustedreviews.com/94%7c9 ... 4-0286.jpg

This only works with Logitech's drivers though, not steer-mouse or any third party alternatives. I also cant figure out how to assign this function to the keyboard.

Is there a way to do this? I'm wondering whats special about Logitech's drivers that lets this shortcut work...........

Reason I ask is I have to get a new mouse soon....

Stuart
Stuart Fox
See a preview of my new website and showreel:
http://www.goodsounds.co.uk/preview

Amiga 1200, 80MB HDD, Midimaster MIDI interface, Octamed 6,Bars & Pipes Pro + Korg M1R + Roland XV3080 <Just added!!!.
FMiguelez

Re: DP7 - Graphical Editor - Zoom Shortcuts

Post by FMiguelez »

I can't help you with the Logitech because I don't know it.

BUT, if you press Shift-L and you type "Zoom" in that window, you'll be AMAZED at all of DP's zooming features, all of which you could access with any shortcut you wish (you can program your own).

Perhaps you can come up with customized zooming commands and forget about Logitech for this? The shortcuts could even be a one-key command 8)
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I have the same mouse and Steer Mouse does program zoom with the key command from DP.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS