Do you still dedicate the first measure to CC# etc?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
markarnest
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Do you still dedicate the first measure to CC# etc?

Post by markarnest »

Like Armageddon, I haven't needed blank bars since going 100 percent VI. Since I mostly do orchestral realizations that begin life in a notation program, it's very convenient to have the DP bar numbers match the score - there's a lot of looking back and forth to see what the %^&* I meant. (I hadn't thought of the negative-number pickup bar, but it hasn't been an issue.)

--Mark Arnest
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Do you still dedicate the first measure to CC# etc?

Post by labman »

Kubi - I like what you are describing. So should I assume that you are first finding the score gap points and then calculating tempo to the end of the first cue spot, writing the first theme, then as you said, using the gap to make any needed major tempo changes to put you at the next correct start point? Are you using DPs Find Tempo in small incremental searches then? (As opposed to over say a full 20 minute reel)

Or perhaps you can provide us with a little step by step of your film work protocol?

Thanks for your insights
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.