Need used Motu ultralite mk3 hybrid

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
blazingrythm
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Need used Motu ultralite mk3 hybrid

Post by blazingrythm »

I have been to ebay and can't find a Motu Ultralite mk3 Hybrid used.
They have them new at around $550 but the used ones are not Hybrid (even though they list them as such).
Does anyone here know where I can get a used one at a decent price besides ebay?

Your help on this is greatly appreciated.

Robert
Macbook Pro 10.6.8, 16 GB DDR SDRAM, 828mkII, DP 8.05
Played drums for Capt. Beefheart and the Magic Band, The Stranglers, Hugh Cornwell, George Sarah, John Lydon, Robbie Krieger, Johnny Guitar Watson, Peewee Crayton, Dr. John, Tex & the Horseheads, Parthenon Huxley, The Magic Band, Tomoyatsu Hotei, George Clinton, Bone Symphony, Bo Donaldson & the Heywoods, with two solo albums on A&M Records in 1980 and 1982, & one in 1998 on Tonecasualties Records.
David Polich

Re: Need used Motu ultralite mk3 hybrid

Post by David Polich »

I think you're gonna have to bite the bullet and get a new one. Reason:
the Ultralite Mk3 Hybrid is such a good product, I don't see why anyone
would want to get rid of it unless they're in desperate need of cash.

That would include me - I bought mine two years ago and have never regretted it, and see no need for another audio interface for live gigs (which is what
I use it for).
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
wvandyck

Post by wvandyck »

Another thought would be to buy new from a source with payment options such as Bill Me Later (6 months to pay off the balance without interest) or PayPal (which now offers BML as an option :D ).

Buying new gives you the benefit of a warranty...
2017 2.9 GHz MPB/1TB ssd; loaded 2012 i7 quadcore Mini, OS 10.15.5
DP 10.11, Logic 10.5.1, Silverface Apollo Quad/TB, K12UC, Falcon, Integra 7, MIDI guitars etc.
blazingrythm

Post by blazingrythm »

Just got outbid on one on eBay. Didn't type fast enough. Sold used for $302.50.
I'll keep checking eBay until I have the $ to afford a new one.
Thanks!
Macbook Pro 10.6.8, 16 GB DDR SDRAM, 828mkII, DP 8.05
Played drums for Capt. Beefheart and the Magic Band, The Stranglers, Hugh Cornwell, George Sarah, John Lydon, Robbie Krieger, Johnny Guitar Watson, Peewee Crayton, Dr. John, Tex & the Horseheads, Parthenon Huxley, The Magic Band, Tomoyatsu Hotei, George Clinton, Bone Symphony, Bo Donaldson & the Heywoods, with two solo albums on A&M Records in 1980 and 1982, & one in 1998 on Tonecasualties Records.