Core Audio in 10.7. + MOTU h/w

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
dbl
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Core Audio in 10.7. + MOTU h/w

Post by dbl »

I apologize if this has been covered before, but today I found the following at Macintouch near bottom of the page:

http://www.macintouch.com/readerreports ... d16jul2012

Jul. 16, 2012
Experiences

MacInTouch Reader

The root of the problem appears to be a change Apple made to Core Audio in 10.7. MOTU has been working with Apple to resolve the issue. The real fix will require Apple to make a change in Core Audio and restore some previous functionality. In the meantime, the MOTU folks have been trying to develop a workaround solution for their drivers. The current generation of drivers for their Firewire interfaces work fine except for the monitoring issue on first-generation audio interface hardware. All of the other functionality is working great.

Same problem with 1st generation 896. I was told as of this week, July 13,2012, that the monitor feature does not work in Mac OS X 10.7.
2017 iMac 4.2 i7, 40 GB RAM, 256 SSD, multiple SSDs hanging. OS X 10.4.4.
Agent of Random

Re: Core Audio in 10.7. + MOTU h/w

Post by Agent of Random »

I believe this only affects the original 896 and 828...specifically the limited monitor input function that was replaced by Cuemix in later models. Not really anything to write home about unless you really need that feature.

I really don't think Apple or MOTU will put much time into fixing it since it only messes with legacy hardware.
rhythm_kitchen

Post by rhythm_kitchen »

Apple pushed out a 2012 update for CoreAudio, Coretext, etc for Snow Lion and Lion (security update for SN) to patch vulnerabilities in CoreAudio, CoreText, CoreVideo, etc.

Was it this patch?
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

I understand MotU including windows now...
keep us posted...

Best

Klaus