DP movie window darker than QT outside DP

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
sprout
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP movie window darker than QT outside DP

Post by sprout »

I'm curious to know if anyone else has this issue. I'm scoring a film, using DP's movie window to display the movie on my computer monitors (no firewire output). The video is a lot darker than when I view it outside DP in QT 7 or 10.

Any idea why this might be happening, or if there's a way to fix it? I've toggled the "use movie's colour table" setting in the movie window's mini-menu, which not surprisingly had no effect (given it's supposed to help on 256-colour or 16-colour displays).

It's making it tricky to see the action in some of the darker scenes!

Cheers,
Step
MacBook Pro 15" 2.4GHz 4GB RAM 0SX10.6.8
UltraLite, DP7.24, Ableton Live 8 Suite, Reason 4, Komplete 5, UC-33e, Oxygen49, Motif 6.
sjared
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: DP movie window darker than QT outside DP

Post by sjared »

I am not quite sure why this should happen actually because I am on a very similar setup and things are going pretty well for me just like that. Though there could be other differences with regard to the type of settings that we put out, I suppose that reverting to default will help you come across with this in no problem. Hope this helps you with your concern.