No MIDI notes when saving a MIDI file in DP

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
XXF
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

No MIDI notes when saving a MIDI file in DP

Post by XXF »

Hello. I am having trouble getting MIDI notes to appear when saving my DP sequence as a MIDI file. I hit Save As, chose Standard MIDI file, clicked Format 1. The MIDI file is saved, but when I open it, everything is there including track names but no MIDI notes. I trashed preferences and that didn't work. I am on DP 4.6. OS 10.4.11. MOTU tech support didn't have much to offer Any help? Thank you.
FMiguelez

Re: No MIDI notes when saving a MIDI file in DP

Post by FMiguelez »

I think I recall something about this happening when the tracks are muted in the source (the sequence you use to create the .mid file).

Give it a try.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
XXF

Post by XXF »

Interesting. That's a great suggestion. Now that I think of it, I mute MIDI tracks after outputting them to audio all the time. Definitely gonna check that first thing tomorrow. Thanks.
doodles

Post by doodles »

don't you also need to select the tracks and area you want to export/save as MIDI?
2*5-core 3.46 Intel xeon (32 gigs RAM), 2*dual 2.5 (16 & 32 gigs RAM), DP 8.07, WAVES 9, Lexicon plugs, SoundToys, all Spectrasonics, NI Komplete 9, Vienna Ensemble (extended), LASS, Evolve, Symphobia, etc, Cinesamples, Arturia, cinestrings, all Project Sam
XXF

Post by XXF »

Hey FMiguelez. You were absolutely correct. Thank you. Good thinking. You don't need to highlight anything. Just make sure the MIDI channel faders are up, and the MIDI notes will appear.