Patch List Editing - Possible Solution

Discussion of issues related to MOTU's Sysex Editor/Librarian program.

Moderator: James Steele

Don T
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Patch List Editing - Possible Solution

Post by Don T »

Hello:
Just wanted to give you some info I have discovered and I need someone using unisyn to test something.

I have been editing patch lists using "Text Edit" and have discovered that you cannot use certain characters in the patch names.

So far including "<" ">" or "&" in the patch names causes MOTU to use the default patch. I think it is because of the "visual basic" type of command structure used in unix.

Can you try to eliminate those characters from your lists when using unisyn and see if the lists will show up in DP? This might be the reason it seems to randomly work or not work. Also there may be other characters I have not ran across yet that corrupt the file.
Please post your results.
Thanks,
It's the ear, not the gear!
MacPro 2.66 gHz 12 core (dp 10.01) - Lynx Aurora16 - OS 10.12.6/WaveArts/TruePianos - Legend 32ch console - G16 Fostex
(2) MacPro 2.66 gHz 12 core (DP 9.5) OS 10.12 - 24 I/O - 2408 mk2 - Da7- (PT 12) - 8 trk MCI
MacPro 2.66 gHz 12 core - OSX 10.12 - Genesys Black - Lynx Aurora16 - waves - Oxford - McDSP - 16 trk Otari - analog sweetness
qo

Post by qo »

"<" ">" and "&" are meta characters for most all unix shells. ">" and "<" are used to redirect command output, and "&" is used to background a process. Other meta characters are the pipe "|", wildcard "*", single-character match ".", escape (to turn meta characters into their normal counterparts) "\". So, if all these characters also cause problems, then you may be onto something Don.

I have Unisyn, but haven't reinstalled it since upgrading my mac. I'll look into doing so in the next couple days and try some of these within patch names.
Don T

Post by Don T »

Hello:
"/" and "*" and ":" and ";" and "." don't seem to corrupt the file

Don
It's the ear, not the gear!
MacPro 2.66 gHz 12 core (dp 10.01) - Lynx Aurora16 - OS 10.12.6/WaveArts/TruePianos - Legend 32ch console - G16 Fostex
(2) MacPro 2.66 gHz 12 core (DP 9.5) OS 10.12 - 24 I/O - 2408 mk2 - Da7- (PT 12) - 8 trk MCI
MacPro 2.66 gHz 12 core - OSX 10.12 - Genesys Black - Lynx Aurora16 - waves - Oxford - McDSP - 16 trk Otari - analog sweetness