Track lock not working?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Anders Peev
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Track lock not working?

Post by Anders Peev »

I'm working on a film trailer and playing around with the find tempo feature. Every time I try a new tempo the soundbites in the voice over track moves along. I've checked that the track is locked.

What obvious thing am I missing here? I'm not suppose to have to select every soundbite and do move to original time stamp every single time I use find tempo??

/

Anders
magicd

Re: Track lock not working?

Post by magicd »

Anders Peev wrote:I'm working on a film trailer and playing around with the find tempo feature. Every time I try a new tempo the soundbites in the voice over track moves along. I've checked that the track is locked.

What obvious thing am I missing here? I'm not suppose to have to select every soundbite and do move to original time stamp every single time I use find tempo??

/

Anders
When you change the sequence tempo, events in locked tracks will appear to have moved in relation to bars and beats. However, the SMPTE time of these events will not change. You may want to set the time displays to show SMPTE as well as bars and beats (Setup menu>Time formats).

Dave
Anders Peev

Re: Track lock not working?

Post by Anders Peev »

Thanks Dave!

I think I found out what my real problem was:
As soon as I change the meter for one or two bars before my Q starts the sequence starting point changes to a point before the film. I do this in order to line up the q-start with a first-beat in a bar after I've found a new tempo.
I am sure this is all normal but I don't know how to deal with it. Should I do something special in the "change meter" dialog box in order to prevent the film getting out of sync with the sequence?

Anders
frankf

Track lock not working?

Post by frankf »

Anders Peev wrote:Thanks Dave!
As soon as I change the meter for one or two bars before my Q starts the sequence starting point changes to a point before the film. I do this in order to line up the q-start with a first-beat in a bar after I've found a new tempo.
I am sure this is all normal but I don't know how to deal with it.
Anders
It perfectly normal. You are snipping or inserting time in the time line when you change meter or tempo after setting the sequence start time. Try separating each cue into it's own sequence. You won't have the problem you describe. This issue can also come up inside a cue as well, for example when the editor makes changes to a scene and you have to adjust the music.
Frank
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB