FYI: Isight issue again.

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Fibes
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

FYI: Isight issue again.

Post by Fibes »

I'm in 10.39/DP4.6 still and hit the upgrades to itunes. quicktime, security update etc last night and the new isight plug got dropped in to the Hal folder and chaos ensued.

Just figured you'd like to know.

Once removed, back to normal kinda...

I get a random crash about every 4th bounce to disk. I reopen and all is well until the next one. Anyone else having this random crash happen? Diskwarrior and repair perms ain't helping.

Maybe it's time to full monty to Tiger. Dammit.
Fibes

"You can like it, or not like it."
-----------------------------------
DP 7.24, 12 Core 2.66, Reason, Live, UAD-2 full meal deal, Sonalksis 315 & 517, DUY Everpack, Altiverb 6, Apptrigga, Autotune 5, OHM Force Experience, Audio Damage Dishord/Adverb/Dubstation, PSP full meal deal, Camelphat/Space, Wave Arts Power pack and many more.
qo

Post by qo »

I, too, started having random crashes. These pointed to DP specifically (don't have the crashlog handy at the moment, but the function was something like Perf.dynlib). I'll try removing the iSight plug again. Thanks for the tip!
scooter

Post by scooter »

Yeah thanks. I just installed iLife. I really don't know why. But I noticed the iSight plug in back in my HAL folder again. I would have forgot about it if I wouldn't have read this post. Everything in D.P. 4.6 is workin' pretty smoothly for me at the moment so I don't want to f*&# things up!!!

scooter
Macbook Pro OS 10.12.6, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 gig memory, Apollo Twin audio interface.