Clock Reference Suggestion......

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
music2film
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Clock Reference Suggestion......

Post by music2film »

Currently I'm using the mackie d8b as clock master via the apogee card. Now that I'm considering consolodated the studio to just (x1) 2408mkIII, (x2) 24i's and some digital mic pre's.... what is a good clock reference box? or could i use DP as the master clock, and slave all the digital giga's?
fokof

Re: Clock Reference Suggestion......

Post by fokof »

Just added an Apogee Big Ben to my system. It made a HUGE improvement to the sound ( HD192 )
Really good clocking with lots of options.
willtompkins

Post by willtompkins »

Just thought I'd post this for purely economical reasons.

If you're on a tight budget, you might want to check out the Lucid Genx6/96 (www.lucidaudio I believe). You can find the 96k version for $500-$600 on Froogle.com, or even the first generation for under $500 if you don't need anything higher than 48khz. They seem like reliable clocks, but I don't have any experience with them and don't know how they would compare to Apogee's or Aardvark's. Just thought you might want to know.

-Will
supa frost

Post by supa frost »

I also have the Big Ben ---> HD192 set up and I must admit, it did make huge difference in clarity in my mixes. So I agree with fokof and second the Big Ben! :D

<small>[ April 05, 2005, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: SUPA FROST ]</small>
scooter

Post by scooter »

Also check out UA's 2192. I'm using it with D.P. in the MOTU mode and it sounds as good if not better then when I use the internal digidesign clock in DAE mode. It also has four seperate clock outs.

scooter
Macbook Pro OS 10.12.6, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 gig memory, Apollo Twin audio interface.