AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bdr
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: AmpGUI7 (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Post by bdr »

Looks great..is that simply a color scheme?
Mac 2.8 8-core, 20 GB RAM, Mac 10.9, DP 8, EWQLSO Platinum Play, Mach V II, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer, AIR, Absynth 5, Plectrum, CronoX, Albino3, RMV, cup of tea.
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

Looking good, easier on the eyes!
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

Andy - I have your Mellow Gold Hybrid which I like (and I am also a continual tinkerer with my own colour schemes) but is this an add on or just a suggestion? Clearly us tinkerers can experiment but if the notes themselves are your own modification (which they look to be slightly shaded) then is this a planned update or upgrade to schemes purchased from you? Anyway it looks cool !
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.2, Studio One 6.5 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

I have always had to tweak the background of the SE and TO window for my eyes. I use gotham daily for scoring and have it set to a beige, and I think an off white ion Gold Complete.

I imagine its just my aging eyes !
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
Radiogal

Post by Radiogal »

Looks great, as always :)
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Here's the file, ya'll

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s63/sh/c2 ... ca9f36f1f4

1. Download it
2. Go to the Themes folder (accessible through DP preferences)
3. Right click on the theme you'd like to have it in and select "Show Package Contents"
4. Go to Contents/Resources and drop the file in Resources.
5. Re-select the theme in DP's prefs.

DONE!
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

Thanks man!
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

amplidood wrote:Here's the file, ya'll

http://www.evernote.com/shard/s63/sh/c2 ... ca9f36f1f4

1. Download it
2. Go to the Themes folder (accessible through DP preferences)
3. Right click on the theme you'd like to have it in and select "Show Package Contents"
4. Go to Contents/Resources and drop the file in Resources.
5. Re-select the theme in DP's prefs.

DONE!
Thanks Andy - this is great . Just a tip to everyone - this won't work unless you change the name of this png file to : kLargeMidiNoteIconSet_PictID.png

This way it now overwrites the default one. I mention this because the downloaded version had a slightly different name when I did this. Change the name and this works a treat when you place it in the Resources folder of the Theme.

Thanks Andy - now this is working it looks really good and gives the notes a nice definition and more solid look. Looks great to my eyes.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.2, Studio One 6.5 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

When I downloaded it, an extra ".png" was added to the filename, which I removed. I also noticed that some of the themes do not have this file in their resource folder, so I guess it doesn't make any changes to these themes?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

It will override the default graphic that is already in DP's application. Any of my themes that have a darker edit window will work well with it. I've added a different variation to a few of my themes in the past.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

The new graphic is now posted on the site as well...

http://ampguimods.net/dp_72_themes.html
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Good job . :love:
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

A modest contribution because I am interested in the DP GUI and its possibilities but it does not seem easy. So I started slowly withthe introduction logo if anybody is interested. :P
I have to learn how to use GIMP which is a great tool. :boohoo:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jb465h
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

I've been using GIMP since the beginning of this thing. It's so great.

Your download link doesn't seem to be working. I get to the download page, but get errors when I try to download the file.
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

amplidood wrote:Your download link doesn't seem to be working. I get to the download page, but get errors when I try to download the file.
I confirm: and after a new test for the archiving of these images, it's still the same situation.
So I pass them in this link's pictures and there is more than drag and drop.