Insert and edit key change not working as expected in 7.24

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
frankf
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by frankf »

I'm having problems with inserting and changing key changes in 7.24 (on 10.6.8:
-I insert a key change either in Conductor track Event window or SE. C major is inserted and Key change pop up does NOT open as per manual.
-I cannot double click any key change in the conductor track in SE to open the key change window. I must open it in the Event Window by double clicking on it there. When I do,I cannot specifiy the key change from the Spelling Table (Db, Amj, etc.) The only way to change the key is by using the slider under the clef graphic.
-Also inserting key change in Quickscribe is flaky. I can only enter a key change in a bar where there already is one.
All these behaviors contradict what the manual states in Chapter 51 "Change Key" and my past experience.
I've trashed preferences, started with an empty new file. Searched through Motunation but have found nothing.
Can anyone reproduce this or offer any help? Thanks.
Frank Ferrucci
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
mikehalloran

Re: Insert and edit key change not working as expected in 7.

Post by mikehalloran »

Frank,

This sounds like something that should be reported to Support. Hopefully, it is something simple.

Please share what you find out.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
frankf

Post by frankf »

I called Support after posting and the tech was able to reproduce this, then spoke with a programmer, and reported that all means of inserting and editing Key changes in 7.24 would be checked out and that someone would report back to me. So at least I'm not solo on this. If I hear anything back I'll post.
Frank
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB