Problem Placing Project Files on Separate Internal Drive

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
mcarillo
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Problem Placing Project Files on Separate Internal Drive

Post by mcarillo »

Hello.

I’m a novice and was hoping to get some help on a problem I’m having when placing my DP project folders (including project files and audio) on a separate non-OS internal hard drive on my Mac Pro. When doing so, I get the following error message after opening up a project, recording and saving:

The strange thing is that I don’t have any problems when I place the files on an external firewire hard drive. I’m wondering if it may have something to do with a recent video card replacement:

About six months ago my video card died. At the time I was on Leopard. The replacement card required Snow Leopard, so I took the computer to a Mac shop to have them install a temporary video card so that they could load Snow Leopard from an external boot drive and install the new video card. All went well, except that I noticed my user name had changed with a “1” added to it – mikecarillo1. I believe ever since I’ve had issues accessing my internal back up drives such as having to enter my admin password to delete files.

Is there an easy fix?

Thanks.
Mac Pro 2.8 GHz Quad-Core
6 GB RAM
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Problem Placing Project Files on Separate Internal Drive

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

First thing is to repair permissions. I'd do it on all drives. If that doesn't work, you might have to manually set permissions for the drive in question.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mcarillo

Post by mcarillo »

Thanks, MLC.

I couldn't figure out how to repair permissions on the non-OS internal drives as the repair permissions buttons were disengaged. But when researching on how to repair these drives I stumbled on an article explaining how Snow Leopard users can click the "ignore ownership on this volume" button at the bottom of the Get Info window. It solved my problem. No more error message!

Tx again.

m
Mac Pro 2.8 GHz Quad-Core
6 GB RAM
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Excellent! Go get 'em!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS