TEST: 5 DAWs 5 MBP Optical O/P You better read this :)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

Well anything that's not on the subject of the Swedish listening session from this point on is going to get deleted. You "physics heads" are going to have to start a new topic and even then stay away from getting into the philosophical area when it starts heading toward matters of religious belief, etc.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Matcher

Re: TEST: 5 DAWs 5 MBP Optical O/P You better read this :)

Post by Matcher »

MBP i7, OSX 10.7.4
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

James Steele wrote:Well anything that's not on the subject of the Swedish listening session from this point on is going to get deleted.
That's a relief. I wish I could do that with ALL the dumb things I've ever said! :)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
hammerman

Post by hammerman »

Here's the truth: the speed of light is just that, a speed. things can go faster. And DP is the best sounding DAW on the planet. There, it's settled. Now can we all get back to work? We have Thanksgiving and shopping in the wee hours so we're busy over here in the States RG. I want to thank you RG for sticking up to those GS little children, defending their expensive platform of choice (or was it?).

At the end of the day, I'm just happy that there is music to make and record for future little ones (and old ones too). Now, most of it is crap, but the cream always rises!!! Ha!

(This is what happens when Hammer is in his pre-coffeee state)

And now back to our regularly off-topic discussion...

:deadhorse:
M2 Mac Studio Ultra - 64 GB RAM - Sonoma - DP 11
Radiogal

Post by Radiogal »

I´m proud to tell that last monday I was elected as a new board member of the Swedish Sound Engineer Society. (The Swedish big name, hot shot sound engineer society 8) )
The SSES organized this DAW test as you all can read from my first post in this topic.

Ever since this DAW test I have experienced a fast growing respect from the members and board towards me and I´m almost sure that the fact that "my" Digital Performer won this test, did open up for this new position.

These guys never got angry nor felt threatened by the results of this test. In fact, they wanted to know more about DP.
Some even consider buying :)
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
Buzzy

Post by Buzzy »

Radiogal wrote:I´m proud to tell that last monday I was elected as a new board member of the Swedish Sound Engineer Society.
Allow me to be the 1st one to say ... Congratulations Radiogal :headbang:
.Bzz...

Mac Pro 6 Core-10.14.6-32GB | DP 10 | 828mkII fw | Receptor 1&2 |Reason 10.2 | Goliath | EWQLSO Gold | QL RA | Voices of Passion | Ocean Way Drums Platinum | SSD-EX | Chris Hein Horns 1&2 | Komplete 12 | AAS - Ultra Analog | BS Accordions | Nomad Factory Integral Bundle | WaveArts Power Suite 5 | Izotope Music Production 3 | Variax 600| TD-8 Drums ||STUDIO››|| MacPro QuadCore-2.66-10.4.11-8GB | 828mk3 fw | 8Pre fw (X2)| MC Mix (X3) MC Control ||
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Radiogal wrote:I´m proud to tell that last monday I was elected as a new board member of the Swedish Sound Engineer Society. (The Swedish big name, hot shot sound engineer society 8) )
We are proud of you, Radiogal 8)

Then I must say:

GRATTIS och lycka till!

Gratulerar!

Did I get that right? (I meant to say congratulations) :)
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

That news deserves its own thread!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
stephentayler

Post by stephentayler »

Dear RG

I’m very pleased to hear about this! Congratulations!

You seem to have created quite a buzz about DP in Sweden, which is great, but also I think it is about time we had many more female professionals in the front line of the audio industry.

I say this as my partner was one of the first female record producers in the business in North America, and initially she was given a particularly hard time by male professionals in the business. A few years ago she gave a keynote speech at the AES in New York on Gender Issues in the Recording Industry, which was absolutely fascinating.

Anyway, before this drifts into politics...... brilliant!

Warmest best wishes

Stephen
Stephen W Tayler: Sound Artist
http://www.chimera-arts.com
http://ostinatomusic.com
http://stephentayler.com

Mac Pro 16Gb RAM, OSX 10.10, DP 8, PT 11, Logic 9.1.8, MOTU Traveler, Ultralite Mk 3 Hybrid, MC MIx, MOTU VIs, Waves, Izotope Everything, Spectrasonics, SoundToys, Slate, Softube, NI , spl Surround Monitor Controller, spl Auditor Headphone amp, Genelec 1031A, 1029 5.1 system, Sontronics Mics, iPad etc..
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Congrats, RG. You make us proud. 8)

Philippe
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Congrats RG, great news!
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

Congrats RG!
;-)
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

Fantastic!
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
SixStringGeek

Post by SixStringGeek »

Sweet! Congrats on the recognition.
DP 8.newest on MacPro 5,1 Dual Hex 3.33GHz 64G Ram, 3TB SSDs.
Thousands of $'s worth of vintage gear currently valued in the dozens of dollars.
jloeb

Post by jloeb »

Congratulations Radio(SoundEngineerBoardMember)Gal!