This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
by Mr. Quimper » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:36 pm
Now, the issue I'm having - consistently, mind - is that with each pass of the playhead, I get a completely different playback level response to my level automation data. The different is startling, and whether or not the audio playback will accurately represent my data points is really hit or miss. I thought this might be an issue with a specific plug-in, so I've tried running sessions without any insert effects whatsoever, and I get the same result: it appears to simply be a bug/something to do with the 6.03/10.6.8 combo concerning the reading of volume automation data and its control of the mixer faders and subsequent audio output (and it's not any one session either - it's all of them). So, in effect, I'm completely unable to trust the accurate correlation of output levels to volume automation data, which makes it effectively useless to me for mixing. It's very frustrating. At the conclusion of a project, I just have to bounce everything out and review it after the fact and hope for the best.
Here is a video documenting the effect:
Anyone else experience this?
AlphaTrack, Live 6, Komplete 5, Reason 3,
Kore 2, Various Kore Soundpacks, Max/MSP 4, EW Colossus, etc...
- Mr. Quimper
- Posts: 751
- Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:24 pm
- Primary DAW OS: Unspecified
by MIDI Life Crisis » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:21 pm
OSX 10.11.5; DP 9.1; Track 16
by mikehalloran » Wed May 02, 2012 10:14 pm
I never liked DP 6. I went back to 5.13 and recently upgraded to DP 7. If you order 7 now, not only are you again eligible for tech support but you get 8 at no charge when it ships. Not bad for $195 plus a bit for shipping.
BTW, DP 6.03 works in Lion. I tested it even though I don't use it.
828mkII FW; MOTU MTP/AV USB with Firmware 2.0.1; DP 9.21, 9.02, 8.07 64bit, DP 7.24; IK, NI, Izotope, PSP, Garritan & Antares plugs, 32Lives, JBridge, MachFive 3.2.1
LogicPro X 10.2.4, Finale 25, 2014.5, Encore 5.0.7, DSP-Quatro 4.4, QuickTime Pro 7.6.6, SmartScore Pro X2 10.5.5, Toast 15
Test machine: G4-1K Dual Processor: OS 10.4.11 / OS 9.2.2; DP 5.13; Encore 5.05 & 4.5.5; Toast 9.07b, many other legacy apps
- Posts: 7376
- Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:08 pm
- Location: Sillie Con Valey
- Primary DAW OS: MacOS
by dpg4macman » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:32 am
I believe it may have been related to a 3rd party plugin. I went through and cleaned out (disabled) the plugs I never use and thinking I may have been running one in the session I was having the issue in (can't really remember - been a while ago) I can only say after cleaning up the plugins I haven't had any issue since
My thoughts - Best of luck,
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], mikehalloran and 1 guest