2x Ultralite Hybrid Link problem

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
mesk
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

2x Ultralite Hybrid Link problem

Post by mesk »

Hello , im using windows 7 64bit and i have 2 Ultralite connected via LogiLink PC0006A Firewire controler on Via VT6306 chipset.
Both motu seems to work fine, Motu audio setup and software recognise them and you can change clock and all settings without any prob.. so this is the weird part ... when i open Cubase 5.1 ( i have tried sx3 and some other versions with same results) and choose Motu ASIO in device setup and press "ok" cubase crash without any error.. it just close.. sometimes it dosent even open again .. it crash at the Cubase splash screen..

i have tried usb connection as well and i have checked with an old driver (Cd driver) and the latest from the download section.. i also have tried windows xp 32bit but no luck ... :evil:

Any ideas??

thanks in advance cheers
torrentg
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: 2x Ultralite Hybrid Link problem

Post by torrentg »

Sounds like poor cracks to me.
mesk

Post by mesk »

torrentg wrote:Sounds like poor cracks to me.
forgot to say that.. i have tried this thing in 2 diff pc and with cubase 4 LE OEM version just to check if the crack crash it.. but i get the same "error"
torrentg

Post by torrentg »

mesk wrote:
torrentg wrote:Sounds like poor cracks to me.
forgot to say that.. i have tried this thing in 2 diff pc and with cubase 4 LE OEM version just to check if the crack crash it.. but i get the same "error"
Sorry, per the wishes of the Administrator, we don't offer support here for unpaid software.

Quickly though before abandoning this thread, I can say that 2 different pcs having the same exact problem does not speak well for the source(s) of the software you're trying to run.

Best of luck.
mesk

Post by mesk »

i see how you feel about cracked version but as i said i used an original cubase 4 LE version ( In a fresh copy of windows 7 ) and got the same results.
torrentg

Post by torrentg »

mesk wrote:i see how you feel about cracked version
No, I've not said anything at all about how I feel.

And MOTU does not bundle Cubase 4 LE with their products. Don't know why you'd expect it to work for you.

My final advice: Pay for the software and if you have issues with it, contact Steinberg support and they will help you well.
mesk

Post by mesk »

sorry for my english .. and thanks for your time :)