It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:17 am

Text Size

Analysis Paralysis

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.

Analysis Paralysis

Postby crduval » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:12 am

This is a thrashy little rock tune that I laid down a few months ago. I'd love to get feedback on it, as I am very eager to improve my mixing skills. Its really not mastered, only run through the MW Limiter on the main bus at the end of the mix to bring up the overall level but not to the point of a lot of gain reduction. The tune is not exactly full of subtle dynamics, so I suppose I could have pushed it harder in todays pumping mastering world! :lol:

If you've ever struggled to make a big decision, maybe you will be able to relate to the tune.

I'm a long time user but this is my first showcase post - hope you enjoy it. Feedback truly welcome!

http://soundcloud.com/crduval/analysis-paralysis
Mac Pro 2x3GHz dual core, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, DP 7.24, MOTU MX-4, MOTU M5v3, EWQLSO Gold, EWQL Pianos, Kontakt & Kore players + various samples, HAlion Sonic, UAD-2 Duo Neve bundle + other plugs, MOTU Ultralite mk3, MOTU micro express, K2500XS, some pretty good mics, a few cool guitars and amps, a bass and a tolerant family.
crduval

Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Analysis Paralysis

Postby Tesionman » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:43 am

Nice tune Chris. I particularly really like the guitar tone!
I can imagine a video for it. A fun song to rock out, have some beers with some friends in a bar somewhere and start trashing the place.. hehe :headbang:
cheers
Get Real Live Drums @ http://www.hugoribeiro.com

Macbook Pro | DP 8.06 | Motu 8Pre (x2) | Apogee Duet 2
Yamaha/Premier Drums
Sabian Cymbals
Pro-Mark Sticks
Tesionman

Postby crduval » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:05 am

Thanks Hugo, I really appreciate the feedback!
Mac Pro 2x3GHz dual core, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, DP 7.24, MOTU MX-4, MOTU M5v3, EWQLSO Gold, EWQL Pianos, Kontakt & Kore players + various samples, HAlion Sonic, UAD-2 Duo Neve bundle + other plugs, MOTU Ultralite mk3, MOTU micro express, K2500XS, some pretty good mics, a few cool guitars and amps, a bass and a tolerant family.
crduval

Postby crduval » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:46 am

Thanks Linwood, I appreciate it!

I threw another couple songs up on soundcloud if you are interested. One (Barriers) is from a demo recorded in the old band days in the late 80's, the other (Big Brother) is something that I just recorded at home a few months ago.
crduval

Postby jbyerly1 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:16 pm

Love the sound you got with your kit. very solid and rockin. Good stuff.
Mac Pro 4,1, OS 10.8.3, 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB 1066 MHz, DP 8.04, Apogee Ensemble, UA SOLO 610, Euphonix MC Control & MC mix, JBL Monitors, Ocean Way Drums Gold, Komplete 7, Waves Classic Studio Bundle,Stylus RMX, iZotope RX,1TB glyph Drive, Carvin 6 string Bass
http://www.HorizonEntertainment-NC.com
jbyerly1

Analysis Paralysis

Postby crduval » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:12 pm

Thanks very much for listening jbyerly1, glad you liked it!

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crduval

Return to Digital Performer: User Showcase