Analysis Paralysis

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
crduval
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Analysis Paralysis

Post by crduval »

This is a thrashy little rock tune that I laid down a few months ago. I'd love to get feedback on it, as I am very eager to improve my mixing skills. Its really not mastered, only run through the MW Limiter on the main bus at the end of the mix to bring up the overall level but not to the point of a lot of gain reduction. The tune is not exactly full of subtle dynamics, so I suppose I could have pushed it harder in todays pumping mastering world! :lol:

If you've ever struggled to make a big decision, maybe you will be able to relate to the tune.

I'm a long time user but this is my first showcase post - hope you enjoy it. Feedback truly welcome!

http://soundcloud.com/crduval/analysis-paralysis
M2 MacBook Air, DP11, MOTU MX-4, MOTU Mach5, EWQLSO Platinum, Acoustic Samples B5, UAD Waterfall Organ, EWQL Platinum Pianos, UVI Falcon, UAD-2 Duo, MOTU Ultralite mk5, K2600XS controller
Tesionman

Re: Analysis Paralysis

Post by Tesionman »

Nice tune Chris. I particularly really like the guitar tone!
I can imagine a video for it. A fun song to rock out, have some beers with some friends in a bar somewhere and start trashing the place.. hehe :headbang:
cheers
Get Real Live Drum Tracks @ http://www.hugoribeiro.com

Macbook Pro | DP 10.13 | Motu 8Pre (x2) | Apogee Duet 2
Sonor Drums | Sabian Cymbals | Remo Drumheads | Vater Drumsticks
crduval

Post by crduval »

Thanks Hugo, I really appreciate the feedback!
M2 MacBook Air, DP11, MOTU MX-4, MOTU Mach5, EWQLSO Platinum, Acoustic Samples B5, UAD Waterfall Organ, EWQL Platinum Pianos, UVI Falcon, UAD-2 Duo, MOTU Ultralite mk5, K2600XS controller
crduval

Post by crduval »

Thanks Linwood, I appreciate it!

I threw another couple songs up on soundcloud if you are interested. One (Barriers) is from a demo recorded in the old band days in the late 80's, the other (Big Brother) is something that I just recorded at home a few months ago.
jbyerly1

Post by jbyerly1 »

Love the sound you got with your kit. very solid and rockin. Good stuff.
Mac Pro 4,1, OS 10.9.5, 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB 1066 MHz, DP 8.07, Apogee Ensemble, UA SOLO 610, Euphonix MC Control & MC mix, JBL Monitors, Ocean Way Drums Gold, Komplete 7, Waves Classic Studio Bundle,Stylus RMX, iZotope RX,1TB glyph Drive, Carvin 6 string Bass
http://www.HorizonEntertainment-NC.com
crduval

Analysis Paralysis

Post by crduval »

Thanks very much for listening jbyerly1, glad you liked it!

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk