How to mirror 1/2 main to any other otputs pair

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Zombiesound
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

How to mirror 1/2 main to any other otputs pair

Post by Zombiesound »

I need to replicate the main output 1/2 to 3/4 and 5/6 so i have 3 stereo pairs sounding the same, simultaneously, for feeding 2 pairs of monitors and 1 sub-woofer.

Used to do it easily with my previous interface (an m-audio profire 610), but i just can´t workit out on the cuemix fx, even though i´ve read the user´s manual several times.

Any help would be thanked.
torrentg
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: How to mirror 1/2 main to any other otputs pair

Post by torrentg »

Hi,

That's what buses are for. Set up bus mix 1 how you want and set the output to 1+2.

Set the 2nd bus exactly the same, but then set its output to 3+4.

Set the 3rd bus exactly the same, but then set its output to 5+6.

Edit | Copy (Ctrl+C) on bus 1 is helpful here so you can set bus 2 and 3 automatically by pasting to them (Edit | Paste or Ctrl+V) instead of doing it by hand.
Zombiesound

Post by Zombiesound »

Thanks for the fast response...

that´s ok, i get it. but in this case i have no inputs sounding, so i have no audio to route to mixes bus outputs... mainly i wanna feed my sub while listening to music in media player.

may have something to do with the return assign ?

this thing is getting on my nerves... thanks again.
torrentg

Post by torrentg »

You're welcome.

You can connect a cable to the S/PDIF in and out to make a loopback circuit.

Set the default playback device in Windows to be S/PDIF (and specific softwares to use default or S/PDIF out.)

Set bus mix 1 to output to S/PDIF. Mute S/PDIF inputs on this bus.

On other buses, set analogue 1-2, 3-4, 5-6 outputs. Adjust the S/PDIF input levels accordingly on each of these.
Zombiesound

Post by Zombiesound »

allright, this loop-back scheme may be also done with the AES/EBU using xlr connectors ???.... i´m willing to use spdif for other purposes.
torrentg

Post by torrentg »

I can think of no technical reason why not, so my guess is yeah.
Zombiesound

Post by Zombiesound »

Great ! for other readers whom might be interested, i´ve found a quick way for sending windows output to 2 stereo pairs. Setting the windows out to 3/4 an then selecting 3/4 on the main out assign in motu audio console, so 1/2 replicates them.
Andreasonica

Post by Andreasonica »

Zombiesound wrote:Great ! for other readers whom might be interested, i´ve found a quick way for sending windows output to 2 stereo pairs. Setting the windows out to 3/4 an then selecting 3/4 on the main out assign in motu audio console, so 1/2 replicates them.
I was searching exactly a solution for the same question... but this doesn't work for me. I have set in windows analog 3-4, then Main out assign on my motu to analog 3-4. now winamp plays through 3-4 out, but only trough them. I also have not understand the main out assign what stands for... would it be like the Phones asssign? seems not...