Is this sort of feature from Sampletank possible in M5v3?

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

joker77
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Is this sort of feature from Sampletank possible in M5v3?

Post by joker77 »

Here's something I've been using alot of in sampletank lately, timestretch w/legato on phrases shown here with vocals in sampletank 2 > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s1DBhL-d4c

I've tried to use the same (stretch) feature in m5v3, but it doesn't sound as good like the one in the sampletank video or my own material. Does m5v3 allow for this sort of thing,I know it allows for stretch,but I haven't found an easy way for it to sound as good as sampletank 2, for phrases w/legato as shown. Surely m5 can do this no?

thanks
Mac:Mac Pro 8 Core|12GB Ram|Lion OSX 10.7.2
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
joker77

Re: Is this sort of feature from Sampletank possible in M5v3

Post by joker77 »

Anyone working with vocal samples in mach five 3 that can say whether or not this is possible? The sampletank stuff sounds good, so I'm wondering if there's a trick I'm maybe missing in Mach Five technically one would thing mach five would be better??
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
hugy

Post by hugy »

Stretch with mono mode toggled
IRCAM Stretch with the voice preset

Have you tried yourself with your own sample in sampletank ?
IMHO the demo is a bit misleading as it's drown into reverb.
joker77

Post by joker77 »

hugy wrote:Stretch with mono mode toggled
IRCAM Stretch with the voice preset

Have you tried yourself with your own sample in sampletank ?
IMHO the demo is a bit misleading as it's drown into reverb.
1. Yes I have been trying with my own material.
I'll be checking the advise u offered and see what I can come up with thank you hugy
joker77

Post by joker77 »

I just tried to duplicate this vs. the same material in sampletank, and sampletank clearly sounds like more of what i wanted. Thanks though,I'll have more goes at this, besides ircam stretch is very cpu intensive even on a mac pr running @ 4.0ghz.. The sampletank plays nicer without glitches
joker77

Post by joker77 »

There again, Mach Five is much more superior as you can easily change the keys, I'm gonna spend more time with this, basically what I'm trying to achieve are Roland VP 9000 sort of results. That box is amazing for this sort of thing.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by mikehalloran »

I will assume you are running v3.0.2 at least. Enhancements (fixes maybe???) were made to the Time Stretch algorithm in 3.0.2. The current 3.0.3 has them also.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro