Any trouble after installing latest Apple updates?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Tobor
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Any trouble after installing latest Apple updates?

Post by Tobor »

Hi all,

I just installed software updates for iPhoto, Garageband, Safari, and iTunes.

I'd been watching the forum for a couple days to see if anyone had problems (remembering some Safari snafus awhile back), but then just went ahead and installed them today.

Suddenly a project that worked fine yesterday is acting weird- Stylus is semi responsive and doesn't seem to be operating in correct Host Sync mode.

Of course this happens as I'm about to make final mixes on the project. Arrrrrgh. It could be a temporary anamoly but since I just installed the updates.....

Proving again the rule of thumb, NEVER upgrade anything in the middle of a project!!!!

Anyone else having problems?

Tobor
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
hammerman

Re: Any trouble after installing latest Apple updates?

Post by hammerman »

Nope. Everything is running smoothly over here.
M2 Mac Studio Ultra - 64 GB RAM - Sonoma - DP 11
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Working well here, too. I abandoned Safari a while back, but I am actually enjoying it again.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
Dan Walsh

Post by Dan Walsh »

Everything is as it should be on both my systems also....
iMac 3.06 i3|OSX 10.6.8|8 gig ram||DP 7.24|Motu 896HD|2 Avalon VT 737's|Presonus ADL600|Slate VCC|Superior Drummer 2|EZ Drummer|1.1.6|Kontakt Player 4.1|Steven Slate Drums EX|SampleTank 2 XTAntares ATR-1|Presonus Central Station|Neumann TLM 103|Rode NT1|Audio Technica AT 4033 X2| Rode NT-5's|and lot's of other junk
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Perfectly good here, too. But I'm not using Stylus.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

Thanks for the feedback, looking for someone who has Stylus to report in. It seems to be 'host sync' that's out of whack.

Luckily the drag-and-drop functions still work, and I was going to enter that phase of editing anyway.

Tobor
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
hammerman

Post by hammerman »

I use Stylus all the time and no sync issues. Have you tried contacting Spectrasonics?
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

Yes, called and they responded, but we haven't had a chance to troubleshoot together.

I tried another file. Drumcore, for example, syncs fine. Host sync is weird in Stylus. In a multi only the first part plays until you physically enable the other parts. Then on rewind everything is out of sync with each other (parts) and then gradually starts to groove together. Before you'd hit stop and Stylus would stop. Now DP stops but Stylus keeps playing. Very strange.

I'm on SL 10.6.8. Again everything has been working flawlessly until I installed the Garageband , iTunes, iPhoto, and Safari updates today. My suspicion I guess is Garageband, maybe some iOS stuff creeping in? I could always reinstall GB from disc and hope for the best, but I'm on the road tomorrow so may have to revisit this when I get back.

Stuck notes will probably be next.

Tobor
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

hammerman wrote:I use Stylus all the time and no sync issues. Have you tried contacting Spectrasonics?
Noticed you're on Lion. I'm 10.6.8.

Did you install the Garageband update?
hammerman

Post by hammerman »

Yes I did. And no problems with DP and all the Spectrasonics stuff.
RROY

Post by RROY »

Installed all the current updates and I'm still on 10.6.8. Just tested a multi in Stylus RMX, and all was good.
Mac Pro 2x2.4 quad core /24 gb ram/OS 10.13.6, Dp 10.13, MTP AV, /UAD 2, KOMPLETE 12, Stylus RMX, SD 3.0, EZ Drummer 3, A&H ZED R 16.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Safari, which was already giving me grief, is giving me even more. There seems to be some sort of problem with the new version in how it works with extensions like ad blocker, or those that try to convert Flash to HTML 5. The problems affect graphics in Mail too.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
cbird1057

Post by cbird1057 »

I found that the recent WiFi update rendered East West's Play software unusable in Lion 10.7.3. They know about it, they're working on it, blah blah blah. I personally have not been thrilled with the Play software and wish they had stuck with Kontakt.
Two 27" iMacs, (1) 3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo with 16GB RAM running DP 8.0.5 + VE Pro 5 64-bit Server, (1) 3.4 GHz Core i7 with 32GB RAM running VE Pro 5 64-bit Server only, OS X 10.8.5. VIs include MachFive, LASS, Albion, Orchestral Tools, and others too shameful to mention.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

bayswater wrote:Safari, which was already giving me grief, is giving me even more. There seems to be some sort of problem with the new version in how it works with extensions like ad blocker, or those that try to convert Flash to HTML 5. The problems affect graphics in Mail too.
Supposedly, these issues were addressed in yesterday's Safari update.

I have been using Chrome for a while. Those sites that don't work properly in Chrome tend not to work in Safari either (printing mailing labels from PayPal, for example). Some pages only work in FireFox - otherwise, I much prefer Chrome to anything else.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I did the full reset on Safari and that seemed to clear up most of the problems. There are still some graphics issues that happen in some pages when you use the OS X screen zoom. In theory the page rendering and the zoom functions would be independent, but they don't seem to be.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8