ctrl-spacebar

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Kubi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

ctrl-spacebar

Post by Kubi »

What a great shortcut - select a region or a soundbite or a couple of soundbites, hit ctrl-spacebar, and DP will loop-play the selection until you tell it to stop. Awesome and FAST!

:smash: :D :D

(...and of course hitting option spacebar will play the selection once and then stop...)

Just thought I'd share my delight. :D
Kubi
---------------------------------------------------
Kubilay Uner
http://kubilayuner.com
MacPro 2x2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 20GB RAM; OS 10.9.5; DP9.01; MOTU 2408mk3 & MIDI Express 128 w/latest drivers
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: ctrl-spacebar

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Oh baby, I gotta go try that!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Kubi

Post by Kubi »

Quick correction - I had loop play already active, so what DP did is set the memory times to the selection and start playing at the top. If you don't have loop play active it will merely start playing at the top of the selection and then keep going (also handy). Either way it will set the memory times to the top and bottom of the selection.
Kubi
---------------------------------------------------
Kubilay Uner
http://kubilayuner.com
MacPro 2x2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 20GB RAM; OS 10.9.5; DP9.01; MOTU 2408mk3 & MIDI Express 128 w/latest drivers
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Thank you... still a nice little tip (so to speak).
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Prime Mover

Post by Prime Mover »

I setup memory link, memory selection, and loop to "1 2 3" on the keyboard. Then I just hit all three at the same time plus spacebar to start looping. Ctrl-Space only works when loop is activated. I don't want to have loop activated most of the time, so I won't leave it on. So actually "1 2 3" is more effective than "ctrl + space" for me.
— Eric Barker
Eel House

"All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio"
MacPro 1,1 2Ghz 7GB RAM OS 10.6.8 | MacBook Pro 13" i5 1.8Ghz 16GB RAM OS 10.8.2
DP7/8 | Komplete 7 | B4II | Korg Legacy Analog | Waves v9 (various) | Valhalla Room | EWQLSO Gold
MOTU 828mkII | MOTU 8pre | Presonus BlueTube | FMR RNC
Themes: Round is Right and Alloy