Video out to Hd Monitor

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
Tim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Video out to Hd Monitor

Post by Tim »

HCMarkus wrote:My understanding is the Black Magic card does not work with DP.
Is this still the case?
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

HCMarkus wrote:My understanding is the Black Magic card does not work with DP. Why not just buy an additional standard graphic's card and use a DVI to HDMI adapter?
Tim, I haven't researched this in a while, so have no new info... could you just add a second video card and go the adapter route?
irlsanders

Post by irlsanders »

DP STILL only plays low def DV format video out of a Canopus type firewire box, as far as actual video playback is concerned. As other say, you can use an extra computer video card to play any quicktime format to an attached computer monitor, but there is no full-screen HD output for TVs. Capital L A M E !
celestial

Post by celestial »

I've been using a G5 sitting next to my MacPro just to play video - by setting up a separate DP project in the G5 to play the video from, and syncing them using MTC over the network. And then I use a DVI-HDMI converter to plug in a big LCD screen, as second monitor, to the G5, and drag the QT into that monitor. I've also done the same thing with an old iMac in our recording room - but without the extra screen - for vocalists etc. Obviously there's a bit of a delay getting up to speed on the slave machine, and once in a while it stops completely, but it's the only solution I've found so far. I'm thinking about getting a second display card for the MacPro - to cut out the G5 in my suite, but that wouldn't help in the recording room.

It really would be nice to find away to send video from DP out to another monitor, preferably over a LAN... Anyone at MOTU? I tried a TechLink and got no reply...
Macbook Pro, DP11.1
Kurt Cowling

Post by Kurt Cowling »

Terra303 wrote:I have an HDX-SDI, which works like a charm in Final Cut Pro and After Effects, but surprisingly, doesn't work in Color or DP... Too bad, cause I really like it, and I would love to be able to edit to a full HD picture on my Sony monitor... Maybe soon... :|
This is now coming with DP8. I have an HDX-SDI, too.
DP 11.1, Monterey, 2021 MacBook Pro M1-Max, 2017 iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Stylus RMX, EZ Drummer 2, MachFive 3.11, Real Guitar2, Real Strat, Sample Modeling trumpet, saxes, trombone, Fr Horn/Tuba. Audio Modeling clarinets, double reeds, flutes, strings, Kontakt 6, Flux Pure Limiter 3, PSP Vintage Warmer, PSP MixPack, PSP StereoPack, PSP Impressor, Altiverb 7, Izotope RX8 Standard, Yamaha S-90ES, Yamaha MOXF-8, Yamaha MX60, Sibelius subscription, Adobe CC and Motion 5.