VIDEO OF NAMM DP8 DEMO

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

VIDEO OF NAMM DP8 DEMO

Post by James Steele »

UPDATED: Originally I had posted a link to a 400MG QuickTime movie hosted at motunation.com. I finally got it uploaded to YouTube. It's embedded below at lower res, but you can go to the YouTube page and see it at 720p if you want.

JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
FutureLegends

Re: VIDEO OF NAMM DP8 DEMO

Post by FutureLegends »

Thanks for posting!

The video is big. I'd guess it's around 1200 wide.
Hackintosh 6-Core 3.7ghz/32gb ram, macOS Mojave
Hardware: Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, Apollo Twin mkII, MOTU 828mk3 & Original 828 | UA LA-610 | Vanguard V13 Tube Mic | MindPrint En-Voice | Genelec M040AM | Gretsch Guitars & Drums
Software: DP8 | FCPX | Logic Pro X | Play
| EWQL Gypsy, Choirs, Orchestra Gold, VoP | EZDrummer w/ Twizted Kit | Action Strings
James Steele
Site Administrator

VIDEO OF NAMM DP8 DEMO

Post by James Steele »

Oh well I can't embed then. It won't fit on page. It must be 720p HD. I'll leave it as a link then. Can't upload to YouTube from an iOS device. Tells me it's too big. :( Suddenly I see the gaping hole not having a laptop leaves.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
FutureLegends

Post by FutureLegends »

The link worked great, thanks.

You can really tell Dave is a guitar guy, a lot of time in the presentation was dedicated to demoing the guitar effects. But I must admit they looked great.
The dynamic EQ looks very nice!

And even though I have very limited interest in a Windows version it's very cool that they ship both versions in the same box and you don't have to buy a seperate license for that (I presume).
Hardware: Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, Apollo Twin mkII, MOTU 828mk3 & Original 828 | UA LA-610 | Vanguard V13 Tube Mic | MindPrint En-Voice | Genelec M040AM | Gretsch Guitars & Drums
| EWQL Gypsy, Choirs, Orchestra Gold, VoP | EZDrummer w/ Twizted Kit | Action Strings
rickorick

Post by rickorick »

I like the video being big like that, it's just taking a
while to load.
Thanks
James
Used 2012 Mac Pro 3.33 6 Core 16g ram 10.8.5 DP 7.24
zed

Post by zed »

Thanks James.

Video is 1280 x 720.

I didn't think I was gonna care much about the new effects, but there seem to be some really goods ones in that lot. There are 15 new emulations, and almost every one of them is something I can imagine wanting to use in my projects.
MacPro 2.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon | 14 GB RAM | OS 10.11.6 | DP 8
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

So cool James, thank you for that!!

So, um.. am I the only one who is totally excited about having 14 new themes? :mrgreen:

I have a couple of Andy's which are great of course, but have to admit I was really hoping for this.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
Babz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Babz »

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, JAMES!!!!!!

Babz
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

No Killa, I'm excited about 'em too, and I also hoped they'd make something of the new feature by introducing new themes sooner rather than later.

Call me old-fashioned, but, as is the case with plug-ins, I'm always looking for DP to include more so less is required as far as add-ons are concerned. If "old-fashioned" seems inappropriate, just call me a cheapskate.

James, you're the man, man. Can't wait to view the vid... tomorrow.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
Rainman

Post by Rainman »

Thanks James, it's almost like being there. Gotta admit, it got me stoked and like Zed I'm looking forward to those pedals (and the themes).
DP 10.0, UA Apollo Two, UA Octo, far too many plugs.
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

monkey man wrote: If "old-fashioned" seems inappropriate, just call me a cheapskate
I don't think you could be a cheapskate and be cruising the beach with a chick like that.. particularly with that face of yours.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

Killahurts wrote:So cool James, thank you for that!!

So, um.. am I the only one who is totally excited about having 14 new themes? :mrgreen:

I have a couple of Andy's which are great of course, but have to admit I was really hoping for this.
Great video - thanks James. I am also excited about the new themes - I have customised a lot myself (inspired by Andy's work) but some new ones look great. It is more important than some people credit - changing the look occasionally helps like a change of scene.

And as for Windows - I think this is a great move. Who knows, maybe my next desktop will be Windows? Multi platform is a great move - Propellerhead have always done this and I think it is a good move for MOTU to do the same.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.2, Studio One 6.5 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

64-bit is what I wanted most. 100% Cocoa? Hell, yeah. NOW we're talking. And Punch Guard is a swell addition.

I like new themes a lot. Like a lot of you guys, I didn't expect to get excited about the plugs but there are a couple in there I can't wait to try (Live Room B and the Dynamic EQ, for starters).

Go, MOTU!
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
jbyerly1

Post by jbyerly1 »

Thanks James. Didn't hear any mention of upgrade price from 7.2. Any guesses
Mac Pro 4,1, OS 10.9.5, 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB 1066 MHz, DP 8.07, Apogee Ensemble, UA SOLO 610, Euphonix MC Control & MC mix, JBL Monitors, Ocean Way Drums Gold, Komplete 7, Waves Classic Studio Bundle,Stylus RMX, iZotope RX,1TB glyph Drive, Carvin 6 string Bass
http://www.HorizonEntertainment-NC.com
FutureLegends

Post by FutureLegends »

jbyerly1 wrote:Thanks James. Didn't hear any mention of upgrade price from 7.2. Any guesses
It's usually $199 from any previous version.