Altiverb

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
tarecords
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Altiverb

Post by tarecords »

I'm trying ot get Altiverb 4.0 to run in DP 4.6 I have the VST wrapper but Altiverb won't show up in my plugins list.

Any ideas?

Eddie
sdfalk
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by sdfalk »

Why would you use it as a wrapped plugin when DP naively supports
it as it comes as An audio Unit or Mas?
A 2018 Mac mini with 16 gb of ram
HUGE bunch o' AU instruments/fx...
A Metric Halo ULN8-3D…mmmmmmm
Remember to eat all your fruits and vegetables!
My OS is The amazingly gratuitous 10.14
newrigel

Post by newrigel »

Definetly go MAS... AU's are cool too.
croyal

Post by croyal »

Isn't vs4 of Altiverb VST-RTAS only? You may need to upgrade to vs 5 to get AU functionality.

However, the wrapper "should" work. Contact the developer to see if Altiverb4 is on the list of supported apps. Meanwhile check your Library-Audio-Plugins-VST folder for the Altiverb VST plug and the MAS folder for the wrapper plug to see if installed correctly. You may need to install both again if still having trouble.

Chris
Mac Studio Ultra/ 2013 Trashcan. DP10 and 11.
32 channels of Apogee Symphony MkII/ Dangerous 2Bus+.
Lots of Neve, API, and Dangerous outboard gear.
qo

Post by qo »

Just in case you're hesitating to upgrade from 4 to 5, I can attest that Altiverb v5 works very well in DP 4.6.
dpdan

Post by dpdan »

qo wrote:Just in case you're hesitating to upgrade from 4 to 5, I can attest that Altiverb v5 works very well in DP 4.6.
ME TOO! AWESOME!
sdfalk

Post by sdfalk »

croyal wrote:Isn't vs4 of Altiverb VST-RTAS only? You may need to upgrade to vs 5 to get AU functionality.

However, the wrapper "should" work. Contact the developer to see if Altiverb4 is on the list of supported apps. Meanwhile check your Library-Audio-Plugins-VST folder for the Altiverb VST plug and the MAS folder for the wrapper plug to see if installed correctly. You may need to install both again if still having trouble.

Chris
It's never been just VST Rtas only
Pretty Hilarious..
Contact the developer of the VST wrapper (who happens to be the developer of Altiverb)
A 2018 Mac mini with 16 gb of ram
HUGE bunch o' AU instruments/fx...
A Metric Halo ULN8-3D…mmmmmmm
Remember to eat all your fruits and vegetables!
My OS is The amazingly gratuitous 10.14
Splinter
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Splinter »

There's no reason to use a VST wrapped version, unless its cracked, in which case you're a criminal. AudioEase tells users to use only the MAS version with DP, not AU. If you purchased the program, like scrupulous, civilized human beings do, it should include MAS, AU and VST versions. Just install the MAS version. Simple. If you're a crook, just looking to scam Audioease and all of us, may your computer and HD crash, and you lose every project and software you've ever created or purchased.