BPM 1.5 upgrade... bad timing?

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

T-Jac
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by T-Jac »

so i've had bpm for a few years and never upgraded to 1.5 I just upgraded to mach five 3 so now of course i want to upgrade bpm to make it current (as well as take advantage of 64bit and other features) problem is, i know there is talk of 2.0 coming. i haven't been watching motu so closely and no one can predict, do u think now is a good time to upgrade to 1.5? i know sometimes they give you a window of protection... but is this a gamble?
BeatPadMan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: BPM 1.5 upgrade... bad timing?

Post by BeatPadMan »

Dude this forum is deader than a doorknob!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

There's the door.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
ssp

Post by ssp »

T-Jac wrote:so i've had bpm for a few years and never upgraded to 1.5 I just upgraded to mach five 3 so now of course i want to upgrade bpm to make it current (as well as take advantage of 64bit and other features) problem is, i know there is talk of 2.0 coming. i haven't been watching motu so closely and no one can predict, do u think now is a good time to upgrade to 1.5? i know sometimes they give you a window of protection... but is this a gamble?

The update gives you added features also MIDI mapping, and yes it is worth the purchase with the extra feature set it gives you ( and yes there are still a few bugs that need resolving before anyone jumps in and starts on this) which will hopefully be resolved with the next update when it is released.

There are reasons why BPM has not been given updates sooner, however i am not prepared to go into this again with the members as it has been discussed in great detail before.

I am currently testing BPM with my new controller unit that i have built which has a more smaller foot print and much more functionality than my last one did and its running fine, a few hiccups now and then but this is mainly due to the amount of processing i have going on in other tracks.

As for the forum section being dead, the reason not many new posts have shown up is because i have had to remove quite a few immature and unnecessary posts from the bpm section again. Also i am very busy trying to run my own business here as well, my time is short at the moment.

I willtry and get some info from MOTU and UVI and see what if anything i can report on in the BPM forum about the software, updates etc, however unless its authorsied by MOTU i cannot divulge any info.

Hope that helps things out there, enjoy BPM

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

:) So how is that update coming along?
M-Goldie

Post by M-Goldie »

reading posts by one of the UVI developers on another forum it seems like the update will be 1.5.1 so i assume it will be free. but you never know... and it seems like it might be quite soon, but again, who knows.

as for reasons why the update has not arrived sooner (well over a year), well i guess only motu and uvi know, but it is a shame that someone in either of those companies hasn't sorted it out as it doesn't look good.
OSX 10.6.4 / logic pro 9 / reason 5 / bias peak 6 / bpm 1.5 /
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

ArsonDaily wrote:
Some silly stuff that has been deleted, thank goodness. Original post by AD deleted, therefore, mine too.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku