MSI freezes my computer

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

nightcruiser
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by nightcruiser »

Unfortuantely, it seems that updating the iLok drivers did nothing for my system. MSI still freezes my system each time I pick a reverb, and, even sometimes now when I just pick a sample.

Not happy...

nc
Tmon

Post by Tmon »

You are not alone. I tried everything from loading updated drivers to a complete uninstall and re-install with the new drivers and it still randomly locks up both my XP and win2000 machines (I get the same results on all 6 of my computers). I hope they can fix this problem (The folks at MOTU tech support claimed that they never heard of this problem (I sent them a link to this forum. Personally I think I might have a bad dongle as many are running this plug without the problems. I am able to run Kontakt and Halion (which also has a dongle) flawlessly on all of my machines. Its a shame. I like many of the sounds in MOTU SI but for now it sits in its box uninstalled on my shelf until the issue is figured out.

-T
meeloo

Post by meeloo »

The problems is related to an iLok driver bug. There should be a working fix in a new driver from PACE soon. Until there you may stumble on a beta version of these drivers on the net (unsuported and probably unofficial).