MACHFIVE 3 String Samples?

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

DigitalTube
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by DigitalTube »

Hi , Just wondering if there are any really good string samples on Machfive 3, I'm not sure if I want to upgrade as i already have all the sounds I need from other software, just looking to get some really good strings samples, for the price to upgrade to 3.0 and a little more $ i can get a nice string sample library, I think MachFive is a great upgrade, but I have no use for any of it, unless it comes with some very nice strings, that would be the only sound I'd have use for right now..
Thanks
E.B.
iMac 2.93 Ghz, 12G/Ram, Lion 10.7.2, DP 7.24, Superior 2.3, Ivory II, FM8, NI Vintage Organs, Kontakt, Arturia MMV 2.6, GSI VB3, Samplemodeling, Fractal Axe FX II, Roland A-80, Oberheim Matrix 12, Minimoog, Oberheim 4 voice, etc etc.
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Well if your priority is getting a great string library you've answered your own question. M5 is not a string library. It has some good strings that needed a bit of editing to fit my projects.

To tell a family secret, "good strings" is a subjective perspective and what one person thinks is good is another persons poop.

So from that perspective M5 may have the best string library ever - or not. It all depends on your taste.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
DigitalTube

Re: MACHFIVE 3 String Samples?

Post by DigitalTube »

Thanks for the reply, that's what I thought, haven't heard of anyone that excited about any M5 string sounds, so I think i'll pass on the upgrade this time, I know it was cool what they tried to do with the Gtr, and bass, and some of the synth stuff, and I'm sure lot's of people will have great use for that, I think I'll just have to buy a dedicated string library, will start with one of them LASS packages i guess.. lol
iMac 2.93 Ghz, 12G/Ram, Lion 10.7.2, DP 7.24, Superior 2.3, Ivory II, FM8, NI Vintage Organs, Kontakt, Arturia MMV 2.6, GSI VB3, Samplemodeling, Fractal Axe FX II, Roland A-80, Oberheim Matrix 12, Minimoog, Oberheim 4 voice, etc etc.
MIDI Life Crisis

Actually the IRCAM granular aspects are worth the upgrade price. It paid for itself in the first week in my studio. Just sayin'
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
kurtl

Post by kurtl »

The F Grand 278 piano alone is worth the upgrade. The FX library is worth 150 bucks. Being able to use MachFive in 64 bits is worth it. Not having to bounce to disc first, is worth it. Many reasons to upgrade to this version.
DP 10.13, OSX 10.13.6, MacPro 5.1 12 core, 48gigs RAM, 2408Mk3, 2408Mk2, 2 Fastlanes, 2-UAD2 solos, Machfive 2/3.2.1, MSI, BFD3
MIDI Life Crisis

Totally agree! This is a no brainer.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
DigitalTube

Post by DigitalTube »

I agree that's it's a good sampler, it's just that for me I have no use for it right now, the music i record don't involve much sampling, I've been playing mostly guitar these days, and already have the NI sampler, the only sounds i was missing that I needed were strings and brass, don't think the piano included is going to be better the Ivory 2 which I already have too, so I just ordered the NI Session Strings Pro, for1/2 price(Black Friday deal, direct from NI), and some LASS strings, also getting all the SampleModeling brass, Saxes +Trumpet and Trombone, so that should keep me happy for a while..lol if i ever really need MachFive 3 I'll upgrade, but right now have no need for it, if it came with some outstanding strings samples, then i would have upgraded.
Between me and my keyboard player we have tons of software and analog hardware synths available, Matrix 12, Minimoog, Minimoog Voyager, Arp 2600, Memorymoog, Oberheim 4 voice, etc, i don't see myself using the MachFive for synth sounds either, but like i said I'm sure it's worth the money for a lot of people.
When I have some time I'll have to make and upload a video with all the synths we have here.. :)