Problem Registering DP 4.6 on Tiger

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
marianoafernandez
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Problem Registering DP 4.6 on Tiger

Post by marianoafernandez »

Hi,

does any one know why DP 4.5 (or its 4.6 upgrade) don't accept my VALID serial number to run? I just moved my system from minimac/panther to G5/Tiger and I can't install the software.

Thanks in advance
Mariano
zerosin

Post by zerosin »

Did you use backup software to move the data?
marianoafernandez

no, I ve just reinstaled from the original CD
zerosin

Post by zerosin »

Look for this invisible file on the destination disk for the attempted install -- "Auth-DigitalPerformer 4.5". If it is present, you will need to delete it. Use this utility, http://www.tice.de/m4e/a_software/downl ... bles_e.sit, to turn all invisible items into visible, make sure to change them back when you are done.
thracks
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by thracks »

Also, you must have the install cd in the drive while doing the authorization.
marianoafernandez

yes, i ve tried both posibilities. Thanks for your answers. But when i put the serial in the box, the ok button turns blue (signal of the number is valid) and then, when i click it the registration box clear the information and so.

Is there any problem with tiger and DP 4.5 ?

Many thanks

mariano
Christian
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Christian »

This is a user permissions problem - repair your permissions and it should install after that.
DP 4.52/ DP 4.6/ OSX 10.3.9/ G5 Dual 2.0/ 1.5 GB RAM/ Reason 3.0/ VSTs (PSP, TC Native), MAS (DP Plugs), AU (PSP, Ohmboyz)/ UAD-1 (3.9)/ MOTU 828 (2)