weird bug!

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
mr miyagi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

weird bug!

Post by mr miyagi »

When I'm in the sequence editor window - working on levels, etc - I'm geting this weird bug. I've selected the volume function in automation mode and when I go to change a level and double click on the value to change it, instead of numbers (like -17) I see note values (16ths, 8ths, etc). I've thrown out the preferences a couple of times and this seems to work - but the bug keeps coming back. Any suggestions?

DP 4.52, OS10 10.3.7 on Dual 2.5 Ghz, UAD-1
dix

Post by dix »

You're talking about at the top of the SE where you enter values, right? I don't have a solution, but I too am getting irrelevant numbers after double-clicking there, but not with volume-automation. Only on on certain plugin automation values.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
mr miyagi

weird bug!

Post by mr miyagi »

Yes, at the top of the editor window -- anyone other there with similar problems or a solution?
Spikey Horse
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Spikey Horse »

I've just had one bug lead me to another...

...was dragging MIDI note start time to make it the right side of a loop I'd just inserted and at low zoom it drags fine but at higher zoom levels the note kind of runs away backwards (opposite to direction of intended drag) even causing SE to start scrolling to keep up.

I have noticed this bug before but only when trying to drag notes by small amounts at high zoom levels when I still have edit grid active (unintentionally) and at a larger resolution than my intended drag.

But this time edit grid was off.

So this lead me to bug number two... I tried entering start time in the fields which appear at the top of SE window when you click on a note. The field read 30/1/003.00 but the value was in fact 30/1/003.13 - the false value of .00 only changed to true value of .13 when I clicked and highlighted that part of the readout.

This is using DP4.6 and OSX 10.3.9