Mach 5 v3 in a 32 bit DAW

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

Jupiter8
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Mach 5 v3 in a 32 bit DAW

Post by Jupiter8 »

Sorry if this is an obvious question but my DAW is FL Studio 10 which is 32-bit, and my OS is Windows 7 64-bit. FL Studio runs 64-bit plug ins in bridged mode, but would it be more beneficial to install the the 64-bit version of Mach 5 v3 or the 32-bit one?
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Mach 5 v3 in a 32 bit DAW

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

In 32 bit mode as a plug in (which is basically the definition of 32 bit mode in this case) M5 is 32 bit. Period.

You could run M5 in a shell such as Plogue Bidule or VE Pro (which are 64 bit) and I believe you might also be able to use IAC to route the stand alone into your DAW.

The plug in can only handle 16 parts but you can have multiple instances. The standalone hosted in a 64 bit shell can run 64 parts.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
BenRicoMusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Mach 5 v3 in a 32 bit DAW

Post by BenRicoMusic »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote: ...and I believe you might also be able to use IAC to route the stand alone into your DAW.

The plug in can only handle 16 parts but you can have multiple instances. The standalone hosted in a 64 bit shell can run 64 parts.
i just installed Machfive 3 yesterday, and am just getting going on learning everything i can... I am currently running a 2008 MacBook Pro 2.5 ghz 4gbRAM, 200gbHD, freshly installed snow leopard 10.6.8,

AND MY QUESTION IS, about routing Machfive to my 2nd Macbook 2.2ghz (w/ upgraded 7200 rpm HD, and 4 gb ram).

My Macbook has Logic 9 installed and everything that's come with it since Logic 8 came out. I had presets, strips, many created exs instruments etc, and I didn't want to install Logic on both Laptops and deal with all the transferring, but i'm interested in recording what I create in Machfive to my DAW (which is on my upgraded Macbook). I perform live and currently have been using Mainstage 1 & 2 as my main setup along with one hardware synth. Now that i have a 2nd laptop, I've chosen to make it a live performance machine. I've installed the latest version of Mainstage 2.2 (app store purchase) with the additional content, and now Machfive 3 with all the UFS files on my MBP Hard Drive. When I'm not in the studio, I play keyboards/percussions and sing backing vox live, for a hard rock group, a reggae group, and am about to setup a session for performing live keys with a DJ and I'd like to sync to his system (Ableton Live 8.2.6). So I have multiple reasons for figuring this out:

If it is possible (via firewire, ethernet, core audio, etc etc) to connect my two laptops together for recording and/or live performance, i'd like to know which is the best way to do it... in your own opinions of course.

thanks for listening

*and in case you need more details:
i'm already using Mainstage 2.1.3 on the Macbook for live performances. I have a Korg NanoKontrol1, an Axiom 25, and a Midiman 61 hooked up to that. and I'd like to make Machfive 3 a standalone monster on the MBP using my 88 keystation, and Korg NanoPad2.

Two seperate setups could be a smarter move as far as CPU /RAM load etc, but I'm not the one that knows the answer yet. Syncing would ultimately aid me in many ways. Some of which I've yet to discover through my own trial and errors, though I'm hoping for some feedback, and I'll gladly leave updates on my progress.

thanks one last time (if you made it through the rambling, i truly apprecriate it) :headbang:

from, one very happy new Machfive 3 owner :dance: