"Violin Stories" ~ epic Jon Anderson orchestral work

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
billythek
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

"Violin Stories" ~ epic Jon Anderson orchestral work

Post by billythek »

"Violin Stories" is a 7 movement work for violin & orchestra conceived by Jon Anderson. After he & I had begun writing together, he said, "Let me send you something to work on...", and soon, 7 mp3 files arrived in my email box. Jon's original idea was a violin concerto, but, as my orchestrating progressed, he said, "This is a ballet!" Jon then sketched a story line about a magical, crystal violin that would transport whomever played it to different parts of the world. Jon is an amazingly deep well of artistic ideas!

To listen, go to facebook and type Violin Stories in the search bar. Click on "Violin Stories- Jon Anderson and Bill Kilpatrick" at the top, then scroll down. Each movement is on a separate player. It's a lengthy work, so might I suggest listening to movements 3 & 6 to get started...

And yes, it was all done in DP!
billythek
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: "Violin Stories" ~ epic Jon Anderson orchestral work

Post by billythek »

I was just alerted to the fact that facebook has disabled their music player for some reason. So... if anyone went to the page I directed you to and was unable to play "Violin Stories", I offer my sincere apologies.

At the same time, I was informed that the MySpace player is alive and well. I thought MySpace was all done, but rechecked the "Violin Stories" page I created there, and sure enough, it works.

Should you wish to give "Violin Stories" a listen, please go to:

http://www.myspace.com/home#!/jonandbill" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If listening to all 7 movements is asking for too much of your time, might I suggest Parts 3 & 6.

Thanks! And sorry again for the facebook problem...