Transamerica TV ads produced in DP

Share music created in Digital Performer
Forum rules
This forum is where you can post links to sound files of your projects created in Digital Performer in order to get feedback. You may also plug your band and announce live performances.
Kubi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Transamerica TV ads produced in DP

Post by Kubi »

The first of four national TV ads for Transamerica I just did music and sound design for was released today. You can watch it on their website, click on "view our commercial". Coming soon to a TV near you... :D

This first ad is based on the tune "Tomorrow" from the musical "Annie", and if you listen closely you can hear the various machines playing "tomorrow, tomorrow", each in its own clinky, whirry sound...

Music and SFX produced and mixed entirely in DP7.24, in OSX 10.6.8, on my 2x2.8GHz QuadCore Intel Xeon MacPro, with NO CRASH WHATSOEVER in a month of writes and rewrites on all four spots.

Lots of Kontakt-based sample libs (LASS, Cinebrass, etc. etc.), some EW Platinum (i.e. Harp), sweetened w/ live flute, trumpet, french horn and cello, recorded with my fave workhorse mic, the amazing Shure KSM32, through an Aurora Audio GTQ2 MarkIII mic pre into a Lucid 9624 AD converter.

Plug-ins featured are the Waves MPX tape simulator on the busses, the unbelievable DMG Audio EQuality EQ on the tracks where needed, plus a couple of Softubes (the TubeTech EQ and compressor emulations. Of course there's not much compression in this kind of music.) Reverbs are all Altiverbs.

Agency is JWT Atlanta, directed by the brilliant Polish Brothers, live actors shot at Sony Studios, with CGI by Hydraulx in Santa Monica, and final dubmix at Lime Studios.

Enjoy! :D :D :D
Kubi
---------------------------------------------------
Kubilay Uner
http://kubilayuner.com
MacPro 2x2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 20GB RAM; OS 10.9.5; DP9.01; MOTU 2408mk3 & MIDI Express 128 w/latest drivers