MSI System Requirements uh... wrong?

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

Ildon
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

MSI System Requirements uh... wrong?

Post by Ildon »

I did a lot of research into this instrument before I ordered it. Ran tests on my 2.8ghz P4 with 1 gig of RAM and WinXP PC. Read a ton of forums. It came down to this or GPO, and so I got this because the quality of these samples seems to be much better than GPO... but now I'm thinking I made the wrong decision. Maybe I didn't do enough reading.

Based on what I've read here and on a few forums I've stumbled onto tonight, this thing is much more of a CPU hog than we're led to believe by MOTU's system requirements page which you can find here: http://www.motu.com/techsupport/technot ... 46718/view

Should I cancel my order and get GPO or will my PC be all right? I already know I won't be able to use the convolution reverb (or any reverb), and I'm willing to use an external reverb plugin if it means I can use this package.
Ildon
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Ildon »

Oh yeah, and I don't use any other gear that requires iLok (MSI will be my only one).

Also, in the demos (such as the Brass Ensemble demo on the preset audition page), there's this really painful, high pitched noise in the sample. Is this only in the demos or is this noise in the actual samples?