merging tracks from three OMFs - error message

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
toastworks
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

merging tracks from three OMFs - error message

Post by toastworks »

I've got a 30 minute short for which I'm about to do a sound mix. I've used DP (6.01 in my case) for recording/mixing music, but this is my first foray into film using DP.

I made three separate OMF files from Final Cut and my intent is to merge them all into one DP project. Here's what I did:

Opened OMF part one into my new master project file in DP. Saved it and closed it.
Opened OMF part two (of three) and copied the contents. Saved and closed it.
Re-opened the master DP project file and used Merge to merge the copied contents into my master file. Went great.

Opened OMF part three. Copied. Closed.

Re-opened the master DP project file and tried to merge.

Then I got an error message:

"You can only merge into tracks whose types match the tracks on the clipboard. The conductor track 'Conductor' does not match the voice track 'Track 6'."

I can't seem to find a work around... even tried using Paste instead of Merge.

Any ideas?
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: merging tracks from three OMFs - error message

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

That either a track type mismatch or the # of tracks you copied doesn't match. But you can also just bounce your files and import to your master sequence if it's only a few. If you are using Bwave files the time stamp should remain for placement.

You might also LOAD the sequence (containing the data you want in the master file) from the OMF in question and copy and paste from within the same project instead of closing one and opening another.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
toastworks
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: merging tracks from three OMFs - error message

Post by toastworks »

Totally fixed it. The last part of my project didn't have assets on every track, so I inserted slugs on the tracks on which there weren't anything, and that way, all the tracks lined up with the ones from the other parts.

Thank you berry much.