DP 7.2 - Full Screen Video window?

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
Jera
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP 7.2 - Full Screen Video window?

Post by Jera »

I'm still on DP 5.1, when you display video on a 2nd monitor you can't present the movie, you still get the window bar. Is this still the same in 7.2?

Thanks

Chris
DP 8.6 / MacBook Pro 2.7ghz Core i7/8GB ram/Dell Latitude 7440 i7 16GB RAM /1TB Firewire 800/828 original/Midisport 2X2/MIDI merger
bricker
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 7.2 - Full Screen Video window?

Post by bricker »

Yes. I usually just do a quick bounce and use Quicktime to present the movie in full screen.
Jera

Post by Jera »

Does anyone have any experience with Pro Tools using video? I'm wondering if you can "present a movie" on a 2nd display and not have a window bar around the video.

Thanks!

Chris
DP 8.6 / MacBook Pro 2.7ghz Core i7/8GB ram/Dell Latitude 7440 i7 16GB RAM /1TB Firewire 800/828 original/Midisport 2X2/MIDI merger
elcappn

Post by elcappn »

No, Pro Tools still has a bar across the top of the movie window. Logic (in 32-bit mode) and Cubase/Nuendo are the only mac DAWs that allow for true full screen video playback.
Chris

2013 Mac Pro 3.5 6-Core 64GB of RAM, 27" Dell Display x 3, macOS 10.15.7, MOTU 1248, MTP AV, Yamaha S90-es, Dave Smith Prophet 12, OB-6 & Arturia Matrix Brute, DP 10.11, Dorico Pro 2, VEP7, All Oxford plugs, PSP, Pro-Q 3, Kontakt, SoundToys, Softube, Exponential Audio Phoenix Verb, R2, Nimbus & R4, LASS+LS, WIVI Brass+Winds, VSL Harps, Falcon, CineSamples, Spitfire, Output, Heavyocity, Scuffham.
Jera

Post by Jera »

elcappn wrote:No, Pro Tools still has a bar across the top of the movie window. Logic (in 32-bit mode) and Cubase/Nuendo are the only mac DAWs that allow for true full screen video playback.

That's too bad. Logic would be perfect except it's not set up like DP where I can have multpiple sequences ready to go with Chunk chain. DP is set up in our live show where each song is a sequence and there is a movie file per sequence and the chunk list is esentially the set list for the night. Each sequnce fires off MIDI data for drums and lights and is synced to the movie file. Only problem is we get the DP bar across the video window. If I over stretch it enough I can usually shoot it over the top of the screen but would love to get rid of it.

Thanks

Chris
dcr

Post by dcr »

you can get rid of it, by using a Firewire Analog/Digital Video Converter (this can be a Canopus ADVC110)

I have a question,

how do you put a movie file per sequence ???

I just can use ONE movie file in all my project.

David.
stephentayler

Post by stephentayler »

In the movie window mini menu, uncheck Use Same Movie for All Sequences

I wound up investing in a programme called VirtualVTR that allows QuickTime movies in any format to be presented and sync to incoming timecode. It works really well, but it's expensive.

Cheers

Stephen
Last edited by stephentayler on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen W Tayler: Sound Artist
http://www.chimera-arts.com
http://ostinatomusic.com
http://stephentayler.com

Mac Pro 16Gb RAM, OSX 10.10, DP 8, PT 11, Logic 9.1.8, MOTU Traveler, Ultralite Mk 3 Hybrid, MC MIx, MOTU VIs, Waves, Izotope Everything, Spectrasonics, SoundToys, Slate, Softube, NI , spl Surround Monitor Controller, spl Auditor Headphone amp, Genelec 1031A, 1029 5.1 system, Sontronics Mics, iPad etc..
dcr

Post by dcr »

Hey thanks

With DP im able to play audio and video synchronized, if you want to project your video in a plasma or LCD or even a gigant LED screen you just send it through the firewire output. You don't need to invest in expensive software.

Cheers

David
stephentayler

Post by stephentayler »

True for standard definition (DV) through FireWire, which I have been doing for years, but for any HD format you have to find another solution.

Cheers

Stephen
Stephen W Tayler: Sound Artist
http://www.chimera-arts.com
http://ostinatomusic.com
http://stephentayler.com

Mac Pro 16Gb RAM, OSX 10.10, DP 8, PT 11, Logic 9.1.8, MOTU Traveler, Ultralite Mk 3 Hybrid, MC MIx, MOTU VIs, Waves, Izotope Everything, Spectrasonics, SoundToys, Slate, Softube, NI , spl Surround Monitor Controller, spl Auditor Headphone amp, Genelec 1031A, 1029 5.1 system, Sontronics Mics, iPad etc..
agentry1

Post by agentry1 »

Stephen, does Virtual VTR allow for scrubbing? Need something that will go frame by frame and sync perfectly to allow for finding hit points and such.
Saintmatthew

Post by Saintmatthew »

That's too bad. Logic would be perfect except it's not set up like DP where I can have multpiple sequences ready to go with Chunk chain. DP is set up in our live show where each song is a sequence and there is a movie file per sequence and the chunk list is esentially the set list for the night. Each sequnce fires off MIDI data for drums and lights and is synced to the movie file. Only problem is we get the DP bar across the video window. If I over stretch it enough I can usually shoot it over the top of the screen but would love to get rid of it.

Thanks

Chris
Live will do it too, but also has the one "song" at a time problem the others have. Really, the 1 chunk per song setlist concept is brilliant and puts DP miles ahead of anything else for live use in my opinion. I do the same thing live you're trying to do and had the same problem with the window bar. Get a firewire box (I got a pyro for like $115). They are 100% worth it, especially as they take a lot of work off your system.
MacPro 12core 64GB Ram 4 1TB SSDs motu 828mk3 DP 10.11