writing controllers on moving faders

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
rukidding
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

writing controllers on moving faders

Post by rukidding »

I simply want to write ctlrs 1,11,3 & 4 info QUICKLY! on MOVING faders without going into graphic ed searching for current levels etc. I've found this http://www.jlcooper.com/_php/product.php?prod=fm4100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and I've read about the ipad2 and the AC-7 software. Which would be best? Any ideas?
Thanks, G
2019 Mac Pro -10.15.7 - DP 11.21 -VEP7
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: writing controllers on moving faders

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Not sure I totally understand the question, but if I am understanding you...

When I want to write any non-standard controller (meaning not 1, 7, 10, 11, 64, etc) I set DP in record mode and move the controller (fader). Once there is some data in the sequence I can actually see, I then draw the data in the graphic editor as desired.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
rukidding

Post by rukidding »

Yeah this drawing thing? :) is not what I call quick & breaks the creative process for me. If you have an orchestral template and you're writing at least 1 & 11 on lots of tracks you're talking about considerable time doing repetitive tasks. As much as I don't want to buy hardware I will if that's the only way to do this efficiently. The Cooper FM4/100 will do it but I'd rather have an iPad2... hence my original question. Thanks MLC
cowtothesky

Post by cowtothesky »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Not sure I totally understand the question, but if I am understanding you...

When I want to write any non-standard controller (meaning not 1, 7, 10, 11, 64, etc) I set DP in record mode and move the controller (fader). Once there is some data in the sequence I can actually see, I then draw the data in the graphic editor as desired.
Yes, I do this as well and it is very repetitive. However, I usually don't use a controller fader. I just draw it in. Then, I have to 'create continuous data' to get it to sound smooth and not rigid. Is there a way to set DP to automatically create continuous data when you draw data initially? I hate having to go to a second step of drawing it, then highlighting the section, then clicking 'create continuous data'. It would be nice if it would create the continuous data when I initially draw the line and not have to do the 2nd step every time.
Imac Pro 10-core, 64GB Ram, Mac OS (latest), 2TB SSD, Blackmagic Multiport 4TB SSD, DP 10, Motu Ultralite MK3 Hybrid, VSL Instruments, VE Pro, Vienna Suite, Spectrasonics, Project SAM, Spitfire, Kontakt, Korg M3
rukidding

Post by rukidding »

I always set a reference point for every controller I'm going to use at the top of each sequence so it will write that kind of data if I double click on it and use any tool to draw it. I want to hear it in realtime though. It's music not script for God's sake and time doesn't permit all this mousing around. I think this is our boy http://www.jlcooper.com/_php/product.php?prod=fm4100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rukidding

Post by rukidding »

still no compatability with DP!
rukidding

RESOLVED: writing controllers on moving faders

Post by rukidding »

SEE
http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 26&t=47168" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;