.dat file

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

rikp
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

.dat file

Post by rikp »

OK. I loaded the program as per the directions, and every time I launch SI the sound folders are empty. I have followed the trouble shooting directions on page 65 of the manual. Where the heck does the .dat file go? Is anyone else having this problem? SI can't find the dat file.

I am using DP as a host in Tiger.

I would love to know what this thing sounds like!

Peace

Rik
http://www.coffeecupmusic.com
Mac Pro 8 Core 22 Gig RAM, 2 Hackintoshes, DP 8, ProTools 11, Logic X, Waves, Kontakt, Vienna Strings, EWQL Platinum, GPO, BFD, Omnishphere, Stylus RMX, Trilogy, Altiverb, DrumCore, EZ Drummer, LASS, HollyWoodwinds, and too much money spent on VI libraries.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: .dat file

Post by James Steele »

rikp wrote:OK. I loaded the program as per the directions, and every time I launch SI the sound folders are empty. I have followed the trouble shooting directions on page 65 of the manual. Where the heck does the .dat file go? Is anyone else having this problem? SI can't find the dat file.

I am using DP as a host in Tiger.

I would love to know what this thing sounds like!

Peace

Rik
I remember when I installed it, there were specific instructions to install the sound files from the DVD first before you install MSI itself. Did you do it this way? if not, I'm *guessing* that might have something to do with it.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
rikp

Post by rikp »

Yep! I dragged the sound files onto my hard drive first. Then I installed the software.

Peace

Rik
Mac Pro 8 Core 22 Gig RAM, 2 Hackintoshes, DP 8, ProTools 11, Logic X, Waves, Kontakt, Vienna Strings, EWQL Platinum, GPO, BFD, Omnishphere, Stylus RMX, Trilogy, Altiverb, DrumCore, EZ Drummer, LASS, HollyWoodwinds, and too much money spent on VI libraries.
zerosin

Post by zerosin »

Hmm, it found mine automatically and it was even on another partition from the program. Make sure it is still named MSI.dat. Can't hurt to check the permissions on it too. Set everyone to read and write and see if that helps.
hugy
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by hugy »

Hi,

An alias to the dat file should be next to MSI.bundle in the /Application Support/MOTU/MSI/ directory

Do you have this ?

Hope this helps
rikp

Post by rikp »

Yes I do! In fact, I even downloaded the original dat file to that location, and still a no go! I am beginning to think that something is wrong with the software. I may need to call tech support.

Peace

Rik
meeloo
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by meeloo »

you may want to check that the size of the MSI.dat file is 8,451,772,698 Bytes. Any other size means that there was a problem during the copy. In any case, have you tried to copy the file again?
rikp

Post by rikp »

Found the problem! I just had to redirect the alias to the dat file. It is working!

Peace

Rik