DP 4.5.2 and DP 4.6 crashes

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Patricio
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 4.5.2 and DP 4.6 crashes

Post by Patricio »

Hope one of the froum readers can help me,

updated to version 4.6 but sometimes it won't open , after hitting the icon a few times the plug-ins load if i'm lucky , DP 4.6 starts, sometimes it won't start and it quits with a basic Apple window saying the Prgr has suddenly quit...

When finishing DP 4.6 and closing ( quiting the proper way) it stays open in the dock.

Also when clicking on a DP 4.6 file i pray please .... open , also here sometimes it will , sometimes it won't.

Went back to 4.5.2 and when working in the Quickscribe editor it suddenly quits. Even now its started to act funny also.

my systems used to be very stable didn't chance anything, OSX 10.3.9 , removed the Isight plug, lastest Motu updates...repaired permissions etc etc

Quickscribe Editor question:

On Page 370 (4.6 black book) on the leftside under there is this text about a Score Tutorial in the DP folder i have looked everywhere but no tutorial file......
anybody have them ?
midiw

Re: DP 4.5.2 and DP 4.6 crashes

Post by midiw »

Patricio wrote:Hope one of the froum readers can help me,

repaired permissions etc etc

This recommendation/advice may be the answer for your problem:

it appears that you need to "repair" the directory.

The best software for this very important system maintenance is to use DiskWarrior by Alsoft.

DiskWarrior is a one trick pony because all it does is unmangle a directory which can very easily get fragmented by for example installing, de-installing and having system crashes. System Crashes are murder to the directory. DiskWarrior has saved me more then often even when a hard disk won't mount the desk top.

TechToolPro is another good system repair/maintenance software that is also well worth the investment. This software has excellent extra features such as saving a back up "directory" file.
Patricio

Post by Patricio »

thanks Midiw

i have Diskwarriorl so i will try it see as it works....
i was also getting today this error 1 when working with DP 4.6 my DP got stuck.
midiw

Post by midiw »

Patricio wrote:thanks Midiw

i have Diskwarriorl so i will try it see as it works....
i was also getting today this error 1 when working with DP 4.6 my DP got stuck.
Reading your opening post gives me the impression you have both versions of DP on the same hard drive which may account for the FINDER having problems getting the correct version running and also the change in MAS plug-ins between the two versions.

Having two different versions can create havic because of Apple's "core" system.

If that is so remove 452 using the uninstall feature of the CD installer.

If you don't have 452 installed then re-install 46 to be certain the MAS plug-ins are properly installed.

Also do a Finder search to find the DP preference file and zapp it.

Once again excuse me if you know all this stuff and have tried all those suggestions I made here.