MachFive 3 at NAMM

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

scooter
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: MachFive 3 at NAMM

Post by scooter »

You can also resize the window now. I like.
Plus all the other stuff.
The Telematic is really nice.

scooter
Macbook Pro OS 10.12.6, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 gig memory, Apollo Twin audio interface.
joker77
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by joker77 »

Release it :mrgreen:
Mac:Mac Pro 8 Core|12GB Ram|Lion OSX 10.7.2
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
James Steele
Site Administrator

MachFive 3 at NAMM

Post by James Steele »

joker77 wrote:Release it :mrgreen:
I suspect they're trying. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
joker77

Post by joker77 »

Indeed,it'll be a sweet day whenever we hear the good news.
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
dcoscina

MachFive 3 at NAMM

Post by dcoscina »

mhschmieder wrote:I went ahead and installed on the Mach Five 2 content last night, even though it appears it is being 100% replaced in version 3(?).

Disc Two gave me trouble, but on the fifth try it got all the way through. It was totally scratched up, even though it was firmly secured in its socket inside the package. Bizarre.

registration went without a hitch, and the product works fine.

I did try some Ethno patches in Mach Five, but decided I prefer the Ethno interface for those patches as well as what seems to be a faster loading time (and immediate/direct access to the patches vs. having to load the monolith via the file browser in Mach Five first).

It will be interesting to see if things like Ethno load differently in Mach FIve version 3, given the direction that "mother ship" products like Kontakt and Atmosphere (as well as PLAY) have gone in, regarding the virtual absorption of the GUI's of subsidiary libraries/products.
Contact MOTU about your scratched disc. I had the same problem and they shipped me 2 discs immediately. I hear bad things about MOTU's customer service but I've only had excellent dealings with them personally.
Mac Pro 2.66 ghz w. 15 gb RAM, DP 7.24, Kurzweil PC3x, MOTU 2408Mk3, Symphobia 1&2, LASS, VSL VI/VE Pro,MOTU Mach5.3, SI & Ethno 1, Omnisphere, Trilian, CineBrass, Albion, tons more...
catfishmusic

Post by catfishmusic »

Looks sweet! Wonder if they'll change the way it handles non Mach format sample libraries...i.e. Giga etc. It'd be nice not to have to "Mount" everything. haha
Mac Pro 2.93G 12 core, 28G RAM, 10.9, DP 8, Apogee Symphony i o, Apogee Symphony 64 PCIe, Motu MTP AV, MachFive 3.2 and other fun stuff
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Oh, I eventually got the super-scratched Disc Two to load and install (well, really it's just a direct data copy once the main plug-in is installed). I backup that hard drive and as Mac Five V3 is coming soon, feel no strong need for a backup DVD to replace the scratched one.

I did have this happen a few years ago with Ethno 1 though, and MOTU kindly rushed a replacement disc to me. I have never had any trouble with MOTU customer support being anything other than responsive, when one does not take a confrontational approach and instead starts out with "how is your day?"
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
Steve Steele

Post by Steve Steele »

Two questions - Will MachFive 3 run on a G5? Will "real" support for importing EXS24 and/or Kontakt libraries exist in MachFive 3?

I'm going to post this question in another MachFive forum, so please excuse the redundancy.

Mac Studio M1 Ultra, 128GBs Unified memory, 4TB SSD.
Interfaces: MOTU M2 and 8A (2.1 and 5.1 setups).
DAWs: Digital Performer 11, Logic Pro, Cubase 12 Pro, Studio One Pro.
Sample Libraries: Primary - VSL (all), Spitfire, (mostly all), and many others.
External Controllers: Metagrid Pro and Studio Logic SL|MIXFACE
carrythebanner

Post by carrythebanner »

nightwatch wrote:Two questions - Will MachFive 3 run on a G5?
MOTU hasn't yet announced the system requirements for MachFive 3, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Intel-only. For some context: Pro Tools 9, Logic 9, Cubase 6, and Kontakt 4 are all Intel-only, and it's only a matter of time until DP is as well. And if/when MachFive v3 is 64-bit, you'll have to go Intel to take advantage of that anyway.
"I don't see any method at all, sir."
joker77

Post by joker77 »

When's Messe? ,I would hope by then, we hear more details on the release.. :wink:
ccrane

Post by ccrane »

I wonder if it will load MachFive 2 'performances'. I have a lot of projects using that sampler. Though I'm not counting on MachFive 3 replacing an instance of M52 automatically as this is a big update - in essence a different VI altogether.
When M52 came out, it would not replace previous instances of MachFive 1, this was understandable I guess given the evolution of that version as well, but you could (albeit imperfectly) load externally saved performances from M51 into M52.
But if you needed to go back to M51 in order to export a performance and you were on an intel computer you were out of luck as M51 would not run on intel. In fact I actually had to buy a used mac mini pre-intel just so I could access M51 in order to export previous performances! I guess my point is backwards compatibility has it's place within reason I think. Eventually M52 won't be supported either - perhaps by then I will have an ancient snow leopard partition to boot into to access M52 if necessary. :wink:
joker77

Post by joker77 »

Anyone attend Messe? Any idea if this M53 is done yet?
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

I hope it won't require iLok 2's new buggy more intrusive protection.
carrythebanner

Post by carrythebanner »

b-righteous wrote:iLok 2's new buggy more intrusive protection
Care to elaborate on that? I've heard that the iLok 2 is newer and supposedly more secure technology, but I haven't yet heard any reports that it's "more intrusive" than the original iLok.
"I don't see any method at all, sir."
James Steele
Site Administrator

MachFive 3 at NAMM

Post by James Steele »

b-righteous wrote:I hope it won't require iLok 2's new buggy more intrusive protection.
FUD.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!